The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

5 speed conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95weclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
LaSalle, Illinois
ok so i found a ton of things on this 5 speed conversion but i have a 95 gs with a automatic, all the fourms say that you need to put a 5 speed ecu in but when i looked at the donor car iam getting the trans from and they sey its under the dash by the fire wall and i cant find it on the donor car, i also need to know if all plugs on the auto trans will plug into the manual trans, and what about when you put the plugs for you have push the clutch down to start it, do you just leave them out or what, and are the brake switches the same?

any one with any helpful information please help

the plugs that go into the trans and they have switches for the clutch pedal you have to push it down to start it do i need those plugs because i dont know if my harness has them or not

no you don't need that switch
(he's talking about how you need the clutch pushed all the way in to start it)
what kind of plugs?

you will have to wire up the speed sensor and the reverse sensor. The transmission from your donor car should be all set to go and you can wire them to the ECU and TCU as necessary. There are wiring instructions in that link I gave you near the bottom. Other than that I'm not quite positive what you are talking about.

well both the diagrams that show the wiring dont tell you what wires you have to splice into it just seys the wire colors and where they go to as in the ecu or tcu but where in the harness do i find those and, the donor car is an eagle talon where is the tcu on the car it seys that is under the dash by the fire wall i couldnt find it i found mine and its where its soposed to be and then the ecu is by the driver side strut tower and its different on my eclipse

well both the diagrams that show the wiring dont tell you what wires you have to splice into it just seys the wire colors and where they go to as in the ecu or tcu but where in the harness do i find those and, the donor car is an eagle talon where is the tcu on the car it seys that is under the dash by the fire wall i couldnt find it i found mine and its where its soposed to be and then the ecu is by the driver side strut tower and its different on my eclipse

very true i did the swap over a year ago. and i still cant figure out the wiring on the speed gear. i figured out the reverse lights. but the listing on 2gnt shows something way different in wiring then mine the listing has 5 plugs mine only has 3 plugs. mine is a 97 buy the way and the tuc was under the dash if that helps any

is that the automatic tcu or the manual cause i was guessing that the manual doesn't have one cause why does it need it, it only needs the reverse sensor and the speed sensor and i need to know where the plug is for the speed sensor on the car is, i took the computer harness out of the car it wasnt that hard all i had to do was pull the bolts out of the fire wall and un plug the wires behind the stereo and pulled it through the fire wall will i be able to just take the whole thing outa the other car?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back