The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 420a RS FWD to AWD EVO 4 4g63 EVO Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstoevo

Probationary Member
Oct 1, 2012
san juan, Texas
This is my first dsm and my first swap ever. Does anybody have the pin out and colors for the instrument cluster junction box for b66? Dose b66 run to the instrument cluster gauge?
this should be connector c4 c5 c6 behind instrument dashboard.

Attachments

• 1 420a harness still in.jpg
    1 420a harness still in.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 2,602
  • 1 420a harness still in.jpg
    1 420a harness still in.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 1,673
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 921
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 640
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 590
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 632
Last edited by a moderator:
B66 connector is the main plug from the fuse block for the dash. When pulling the dash out, this one and two other plugs must be unplugged to pull it out. However, the other two are for switches, so B66 is the one you're asking about. I've pulled this plug many times and glad you posted the picture of the ETACS diagram. That alone let me see what you were talking about. Will look through my manual and try to build you a list for wire color/pin out identifications.

Also, in post 1, your picture 13.jpg (and 14.jpg is the top side), those plugs are both OBD2 plugs. The black one is the standard OBD2 port, and the white one, which this is the first time I've gotten to see it, is a secondary plug I learned about a couple years back when I was going through my automotive degree schooling. I was scanning my spyder and the Verus scanner computer kept telling g me to hook it's Mitsubishi adapter into the secondary white plug. It turned out to be a N/T DSM only plug to read info from the Chrysler engine.

Last edited:
Here are some diagrams for you listing all the connector numbers and identifications. Also providing the PDF file with all the wiring info I posted for you so far. I'm still trying to track down the color identifications for you.

Attachments

• Dash 1.1.jpg
    Dash 1.1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 419
  • Dash 1.jpg
    Dash 1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 894
  • Dash 2.1.jpg
    Dash 2.1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Dash 2.jpg
    Dash 2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 729
  • Dash 3.jpg
    Dash 3.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 816
  • 97 Electrical Wiring Manual.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Well I did find some wiring schematics for the cluster. It's not a list, but as long as you can read a schematic, you can find the colors easy. However, I tried uploading it and the PDF is to big for Tuners to upload. I can email it to you though if you prefer. Let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back