The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g MAS in 1g car AFC settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talondsm18g

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2002
Garwood, New_Jersey
Just installed my 2g MAS. Lower and SIde honeycombs removed in my 1g.
I get a lot of hesitaion. I tried to use RRE's settings for their 2g car as a base to start tuning but that doesnt seem to be close to my settings at all.
I'm running an 18g, 550's walboro 255 HP 3" full exhaust.
I'm just curious as to what other peoples settings are that have a 2gMAS in their 1G with a similar setup.
Thanks guys

Originally posted by Talondsm18g
Just installed my 2g MAS. Lower and SIde honeycombs removed in my 1g.
I get a lot of hesitaion. I tried to use RRE's settings for their 2g car as a base to start tuning but that doesnt seem to be close to my settings at all.
I'm running an 18g, 550's walboro 255 HP 3" full exhaust.
I'm just curious as to what other peoples settings are that have a 2gMAS in their 1G with a similar setup.
Thanks guys
Your car will run a bit leaner swapping to a 2G MAF. Try richening it up a bit and it should clear up.

2g mas, 550s, 5knob AFC, 190lph, 14b, 1g pocketlogger

Settings: -1 15 16 16 16

I tried zeroing out the afc and get massive amounts of knock over 3000 rpm. I had to richen up all the way to 15/16 and got 0 knock with 17 degrees of timing on 91octane. The ECU is now seeing alot of air, which is not so hot for timing. But it sure pulls nice.

I would also suggest you put the honeycombs back in untill you have the car completely tunned. People have run mid 11s on an untouched 2g mas.

I don't know where people get this zeroing out the afc with 550s and the 2g mas. You may be able to zero it out with 660s and uping the fuel pressure.

i don't have the honeycombs bought it that way. Ill try more fuel i was getting into the +25 amounts on my s-afc didn'tthink id need to get that high.
thanx guys

Did your fuel cut go away after you installed the 2G mas? I am setting up an almost identical setup like BlkAWD above. getting my used 5 knob SAFC tonight. Did throttle response improve? Lot of lag right now with my 1G mas on small 16G.

no more fuel cut even at 22 psi on pump

Originally posted by jrotten
Did your fuel cut go away after you installed the 2G mas? I am setting up an almost identical setup like BlkAWD above. getting my used 5 knob SAFC tonight. Did throttle response improve? Lot of lag right now with my 1G mas on small 16G.

Injectors+safc solve fuel cut. 2g mas (or hacking the 1g) solves mas overrun.

I have a 2g maf and 550s on my 1g 14b. What are the intil settings for these? I have it
-3% across the board, pulls real hard. Any suggestions?

nined2tsi said:
I have a 2g maf and 550s on my 1g 14b. What are the intil settings for these? I have it
-3% across the board, pulls real hard. Any suggestions?

Buy a logger, do some logs and answer the question yourself :thumb:

Mine was at +22 on the low side @1000rpm

This is with a 50-trim, 2g mas with side combs removed, 680 injectors.

find some honeycombs. Seriously. The 2g maf does not respond the same way as the 1g maf does to this sort of mod. Its way more sensitive. When I first put in my 2g maf I had taken out the lower and side HC, backed out the screw and smoothed out the inlet and outlet of the maf. I had to add +50 on my maf to make the car idle!!! And it was still really lean. I have a 255 Walbro, then Hahn 625's and running goofy high fuel pressure.

Put it back close to stock and it was fine and normal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back