The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2g lsd rear axle vs 2g non lsd rear axle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtxdevilz

20+ Year Contributor
May 8, 2003
a, Pennsylvania
is there a difference between the 2g lsd rear axle vs 2g non lsd rear axle besides the cups...

basically i need a 2g lsd rear axle...

but all i have is a 2g non lsd axle complete AND a 2g lsd axle cup (diff side)

so i was wondering if i can take the lsd cup and put it on my non lsd axle to make myself a working axle...

i contacted tre and they said yes it will work...i contacted raxles and they no it will not work (something about the shaft is different and so are the rollers)...

any help is greatly appreciated...

The center tripod pieces are different, so you will need more than the cup.

its actually the driver side axle that goes in a bit further... I did an AWD conversion on my GST and when I went to take the rear end out the driver side axle was the non LSD one... It didnt go all the way in. It was like this on the donor car for years and has been this way on my car for almost a year now no problems... if you find some LSD cups lemme know I WANT ONE!!!!

I forget the exact specs, but yes the shafts are different. I believe that the non LSD shaft is 1 or 2 mm thinner and a few less splines.

There is a whole thread about this. I think it's on the road racing forum. Look up the posts by TSI666

Yup, like everyone says, the shafts are slightly different diameters and the splines are also different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back