The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

This is just wrong..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2002
TommyPantsdownville, Ohio
So let me explain a little bit here on my situation. My dsm is down and It's too cold to go outside and fix it. There's no way I'm laying on the cold pavement and pulling the transfer case. So I'm carless.

Now my girl, I normally just car pool with her to work. Which is fine because we live together and we're both working the same hours and near by each other. But I took Friday off and I opted to watch the kid instead of having her drop him off at my moms. So I was at home and everything was all good untill about 1pm. I got a call from my boss and he needed me in. I work at Burger King in the mall, so I told him I really can't but if I must I'll have to ride my motorcycle in and it's 20*F outside. He said it would really mean alot and mean I might be eligalbe for management come my 6 month review. So I told him sure.

Now I have a problem, I have my son. He's 2.5 yrs old and just a bundle, but I have no way to have someone watch him. I forgot about this detail. So with no options left I get out his old broken car seat and fix the buckles with some duct tape. Then I strap it to my bike and set him up in it. I didn't have a helmet that fit him so I just used a towel and some tape and secured him to the carseat with that. He was snug as a bug so I put a towel over the carseat and jumped on it. I set off to my moms to drop off my son about 5 miles away. Really just a few turns down the road but it was snowing and cold as ####. I was about 3 miles to her house and I got pulled over. Freakin arrested for child endangerment and now they won't give my bike back. I just bought it in april. It's a 02R6 and it means the world to me. They said they're holding it till court to display to the prosucuter and people how unsafe I was with the car seat duct taped and bungied to the bike.

I think it was really secure and I had him bundled up and me being on the bike blocked the wind.

My girl want's to kill me and she's all worried about our kid getting taken away. Right now they're making him stay with my mom untill court.

How do you think I could get my bike back? I'm leaving on Wednesday for bikeweek.

This is BS.

**Edit** 02/06/07 This thread has 36,406 views.
**Edit** 06/04/07 This thread has 44,231 views.
**Edit** 03/09/08 This thread has 45,673 views.

**Edit/Update:**08/17/07 - I just checked up on this thread. It's been posted on 100's of forums. Each month a new page shows up on google.

dsmtuners 217008 - Google Search

As google bots scan the web, I wonder in a year if it will be at 20-30 pages. This thread was pretty well circulated and honestly one of my best. Too bad it's locked. LOL

So let me get this straight. You duct taped your 2 and a half year old kid to a motorcycle is the dead of winter to drive him 5 miles to your moms place so you can work an extra shift at burgerking WTF ? I think you got bigger problems than just loosing your bike.

Who cares about your bike. What the hell is wrong with you? I can't beleave your girl hasent left you "yet".

if i was ever in your situation and did that id be dead by now. why did you just ask your mom to come get him?

i really hope thsi is a joke but either way your a total retard

Why didnt you have your mom come get him or call someone? Your a jackass. Your gonna trust your sons life with duct tape? Jesus christ no wonder you work at burger king.

AW4G63 said:
So let me explain a little bit here on my situation. My dsm is down and It's too cold to go outside and fix it. There's no way I'm laying on the cold pavement and pulling the transfer case. So I'm carless.

Now my girl, I normally just car pool with her to work. Which is fine because we live together and we're both working the same hours and near by each other. But I took Friday off and I opted to watch the kid instead of having her drop him off at my moms. So I was at home and everything was all good untill about 1pm. I got a call from my boss and he needed me in. I work at Burger King in the mall, so I told him I really can't but if I must I'll have to ride my motorcycle in and it's 20*F outside. He said it would really mean alot and mean I might be eligalbe for management come my 6 month review. So I told him sure.

Now I have a problem, I have my son. He's 2.5 yrs old and just a bundle, but I have no way to have someone watch him. I forgot about this detail. So with no options left I get out his old broken car seat and fix the buckles with some duct tape. Then I strap it to my bike and set him up in it. I didn't have a helmet that fit him so I just used a towel and some tape and secured him to the carseat with that. He was snug as a bug so I put a towel over the carseat and jumped on it. I set off to my moms to drop off my son about 5 miles away. Really just a few turns down the road but it was snowing and cold as ####. I was about 3 miles to her house and I got pulled over. Freakin arrested for child endangerment and now they won't give my bike back. I just bought it in april. It's a 02R6 and it means the world to me. They said they're holding it till court to display to the prosucuter and people how unsafe I was with the car seat duct taped and bungied to the bike.

I think it was really secure and I had him bundled up and me being on the bike blocked the wind.

My girl want's to kill me and she's all worried about our kid getting taken away. Right now they're making him stay with my mom untill court.

How do you think I could get my bike back? I'm leaving on Wednesday for bikeweek.

This is BS.

Is the story BS or the fact of what happened to you BS?

I think hes mad because they took his bike and hes calling that bs. If I was the cop i would have taken the bike and locked him up for 24 hrs making him completley miss his bk shift :tease: .

i almost had a stroke reading that. i have a 1 year old and i wont even take her out unless the car seat is fastened to 3 anchor points and buckled in, the car is warmed up, and she is sleeping. i think if anything, you will be lucky if the judge even lets you see your kid ever again. i know you might have been a manager, but its at BK, there food sucks anyway, you can find a job anywhere thats better than BK. And if you have a kid, you shouldnt have a dsm anyway

You may need this..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If by some odd chance your story isn't BS, you deserved to get arrested.

i would say get a hold of your lawyer, or any lawer, and get your bike back. i mean, it wasnt the bike that put the kid "in harms way", why should it be held in prison? I think thatd be the best way to get your bike back.

sprstu said:
it wasnt the bike that put the kid "in harms way", why should it be held in prison? I think thatd be the best way to get your bike back.

You're right. Take the bike out of impound and put him in jail. Sounds like a fair trade to me.:thumb:

I agree with sprstu. And tell them that NASCAR drivers use duct tape to hold their bumpers and shit on at 200 MPH. If it can hold a bumper on at 200 MPH, why couldn't it hold a kid on under 45? Especially with you sitting up front breaking the wind. I mean, the kid was basically drafting you, so the force from the air shouldn't be hard at all.

Say the duct tape did hold the kid down. What happens if he dumps the bike? Its snowing and the kid did not have a helmet on. Yeah that would have been real good.

I think you are a Moron. Seriously, you should be locked up so you dont hurt anyone else. I feel sorry for your girl because of her real wise decision to be with you. :notgood:

If Defiant were to make a come back, this would be the perfect place for him to do it!:D

Vtec_Killer said:
Say the duct tape did hold the kid down. What happens if he dumps the bike? Its snowing and the kid did not have a helmet on. Yeah that would have been real good.

I've never dropped my bike. I would never put my child in danger. And for those of you knocking my job, don't laugh. I had a great job a few years back. I was working with computers in a decent environment and it all flipped. I was in jail for some shit I did at a car dealeer shit. That two weeks I was out of work, I got canned because they don't take employes with violent crimes in their background.

Now I work at Bk. It's not the best but it's good hourly wage and if I make management I'll have benifits for my kid.

My girl's pretty mad right now, she's been drinkin all day am I'm just kind chillin in the basement. She was crying all morning and being a bi***. Anyways, my mom has my kid and it's considered protective custody so I'm not that worried. Wost case they have her take custody of my son. Which isn't that bad. She didn't come pick him up because the bus doesn't run this direction untill 3pm. So she'd have to wait all that time at the bus stop.

Anyways, I talked to my boy, he knows a lawyer that got him out of fleeing and evading charges over the summer. He said he'd hook it up. But I'm leaving Wednesday to go to Daytona beach and wild out. Can't wait.

Bigglesworth87 said:
I think you are a Moron. Seriously, you should be locked up so you dont hurt anyone else. I feel sorry for your girl because of her real wise decision to be with you. :notgood:

If Defiant were to make a come back, this would be the perfect place for him to do it!:D

Why feel sorry for my girl? I've cheated on her twice and she still won't leave me. She's like a leech.

AW4G63 said:
But I'm leaving Wednesday to go to Daytona beach and wild out. Can't wait.

...woke up reachin' over to hit snooze, then I realized I was on a plane halfway from reachin' Cancun...

The hell are you doing back here?

Only from ohio... where children grew up thinking its o.k. to use ducttape for EVERYTHING... even as seatbelts

I don't see what the big deal is. I pull my kid behind my car all the time in his wagon. He loves that stuff.

Once again.. eh, forget it.

Trashed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back