The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Gauging Interest: MMCd for Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphetic

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2005
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Hey all. I've been mulling over the idea.. I've spent a stupid amount of money to get a decent palm that's extremely outdated, find a new battery for it, get a serial adapter, etc. etc.

I was thinking of porting MMCd to Android and then creating a bridge via Bluetooth from the OBD port of the car. Obviously this would be with first gens in mind, but I could likely expand it to include second gens at a later date (and when I have access to a second gen for testing). Let me know what you think, and if you would like to be added to an update list, send me a PM with your email (or post it here). Thanks!

I think anything that brings dsms up to date with new technology betters the whole community

Id definitely own one...since i barely use desktop any more...id go nuts without my Droid...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i would be interested if/when you bring MMCD to the 2G. just to help you get things rolling there is a thread started on evolutionm.net that might be of some help. i will dig it up in a bit. but they are already working on a Bluetooth module for the 2G/EVO crowd... it might help make things easier for you... may be.

Definitely do it!

By making dsm more streamline to the modern age is always good!

down for sure love to have mmcd on my HTC Desire instead of this damn palm m100 LOL

im definitley down for this i would love to see this.... seeing how i sell droids on a daily basis (verizon)
+1 for the 1g love

For the Anyone ODB II that would like a Logger for their Android, Check this out
Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle
They have a free App in the market minus a few features.
The paid app is less then $5
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCZyxrS_ixY&rel=0&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCZyxrS_ixY&rel=0&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
All you would need is A ODB II Bluetooth Scantool
here's a couple cheap ones... Keyword Cheap
BLUETOOTH ODBII INTERFACE SCANTOOL Diagnostic OBD-2-II: eBay Motors (item 180472785138 end time Nov-19-10 09:56:14 PST)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wire...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3a5fc40092

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back