Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Newbie Forum: Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 03:40 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 236
Photos: 3
Classifieds Rating: 0

Has anyone ordered a motor from Noyan USA Inc.?

Has anyone ordered a motor from these guys? If so how were there products and about how long did it take to recieve your engine from them? I am only asking because I'm goin to buy a new engine for my GS and im goin to keep it N/T. So if anyonw has any opinions on this company or anyother companies would be appreciated.

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 52
Photos: 6
I've heard the company was good. All of the honda guys in Va are getting replacement engines from them with no problem.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Timeslip: 13.869 @ 95.090
Tech Posts: 4,697
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 25
Any reason you're looking to import one as opposed to buying one that is already stateside? Have you tried the classifieds?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Well I'm not going to have to import it from Japan, the motor that I will be ordering is coming from their Canada wharehouse. I am also planning on ordering from this company because the motors from what i can tell are unmolested.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,073
Classifieds Rating: 5
Isn't there extra shipping tax on something coming from Canada?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:12 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Timeslip: 13.869 @ 95.090
Tech Posts: 4,697
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico904 View Post
Yes... there definately is.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:15 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,762
Photos: 13
Classifieds Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico904 View Post
Yup, there's import tax. You cannot pass this up as a gift coming from a vendor.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Yes I already know that there is an import tax. What do you mean by " can't pass this up as a gift coming from a vendor"? As I stated in the OP, any reviews or comments on this company or a company stateside would be appreciated. I am still new to the DSM game so i dont know what companies are good and what are bad, or if it goes by personal preference.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

If you really still 'game' on DSM then why go to N/T 420a rather 4g63 with a turbo? I'm find it utterly pointless to buy a new 420a engine for $3000. That's more than a used 1g DSM whole entire car.

If you're 'game' on DSM buy a used engine. Who cares if it was abused. Build on it or send it to a shop like SBR, AMS, Buschur, FFWD, etc... have them do forged internals. You're going to have to do it with the new engine anyways!!

So BAD idea of purchasing a 420a and even worse of idea of buying a NEW 420a. Stick by your user name, sik4g63. Buy a 4g63!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:55 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 205
Classifieds Rating: 2
420aWASTE!

Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 13.629 @ 99.970
Tech Posts: 1,034
Photos: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFatch1890 View Post
420aWASTE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gDSM4g63 View Post
If you really still 'game' on DSM then why go to N/T 420a rather 4g63 with a turbo? I'm find it utterly pointless to buy a new 420a engine for $3000. That's more than a used 1g DSM whole entire car.

If you're 'game' on DSM buy a used engine. Who cares if it was abused. Build on it or send it to a shop like SBR, AMS, Buschur, FFWD, etc... have them do forged internals. You're going to have to do it with the new engine anyways!!

So BAD idea of purchasing a 420a and even worse of idea of buying a NEW 420a. Stick by your user name, sik4g63. Buy a 4g63!
He has a 91 NT , Its not a 420a

Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 4,319
Photos: 7
Classifieds Rating: 3
Reputation: DSM1G90 is extremely helpful and trustworthyDSM1G90 is extremely helpful and trustworthyDSM1G90 is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Quote:
He has a 91 NT
Does he have a 4G37 or a 4G63 in that NT car of his.. he didn't say which motor he has.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:37 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

I have a 4g63 n/t. I am not putting a 420a in my car. I am also not planning on building up the n/t. I just need a new motor for my car since its goin to be my DD. Once I get it on the road again I am planning on getting a 1g GSX. I dont really have the money to put a turbo on a N/T, and the motor that I am planning on ordering is only 500 bucks. So i thought that it was a good deal. Sorry I should have put more info on the type of motor that I already have in my car. Also is there any stateside companies that might be cheaper?

Old 12-19-2008, 05:18 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

Are you sure that Noyan is selling a whole new motor for $500 not $5000?

Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 13.629 @ 99.970
Tech Posts: 1,034
Photos: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gDSM4g63 View Post
Are you sure that Noyan is selling a whole new motor for $500 not $5000?
Noyan USA is a used engine importer I dont think hes is expecting to get a brand new engine from them, just new to him or being other than the former or old engine.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)

Tech Posts: 1,433
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 11
Send a message via AIM to Lofty
There's only 4G63's and 4G63t's in most 1g's,
And the 1.8 isn't a 420A, I believe.

91 Galant VR4 "Untitled"
Visit Lofty's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 12-20-2008, 03:01 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Proven Member

Well I have found another company called Osaka JDM Motors Inc. and they have a 4g63 cyclone n/t for $500. I also apologize I got the companies mixed up, the Osaka company i would have to order from Canada. Noyan USA is located in Chantilly, VA which is about 2 hours from me. Noyan quoted me around 500 for a n/t 4g63. I am just tryin to find a motor that doesnt need a complete rebuild.