The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Evap System evaporative recovery hose hoses diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my_gst95

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
Sacramento, California
I'm reinstalling my evap for smog reasons and I tried looking at the Taboo diagram and got a little confused. Can anyone verify if this is correct? Here are the 3 part's I'm confused on and am guessing they go as follows:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1: Vented
2: Intake Hose going to turbo
3: Evap Solinoid on firewall

can someone please tell me where 1 goes to, I just put my tranny back in and unplugged the canister but can't find out where 1 goes.

can someone please tell me where 1 goes to, I just put my tranny back in and unplugged the canister but can't find out where 1 goes.

I believe 1 just is vented, as in there is no line that connects to it.

This is the best picture of I could find, but you can clearly see that there is no line attached to it.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,640
On top of the canister their are two ports one goes to the solenoid, and the other one that says AIR goes where? I searched and i keep reading post that say that it does not have a hose and vents to the atmosphere and other post saying that it runs a hose directly to the intake snorkel. Does anyone know the right answer?

Hey, look at that, theres a neat little diagram on the hood.

And anyone that says it "vents to atmosphere" means they probably got rid of it and half assed the removal.

EDIT

Attachments

• vac diagram edit.JPG
    vac diagram edit.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,546
the pic really does not show the canister.....if you know the answer you could have just told me....and yes i know where that nice little pic is under the hood.. and in my book..thanks. the other pics ive seen only show the one hose...

Sorry, thought you meant the actual confusing part of the EVAP. And sorry again, I dont spoon feed anyone.

doesnt the hose coming off the intake( black thick one beside the one that goes to the vc) go back that way and connect to the purge valve?

I"m curious if this issue was resolved as I had taken my car to get smogged yesterday. When I went there the guy doing the test asked me about the evap canister and where it was located. Actually he said he couldn't find it which I had to point it out to him as it's hidden far under the battery on our cars. He mentioned it's a new test that they have to do but if they can't get to it, then they don't have to do it...so I guess we lucked out on it. yay!

I also wanted to point out that I have an open port as well like turbosax2 pointed out.
The line that should have been connected to the intake hose was vented as well and the port on the intake hose was blocked off. I fixed this before I took it to get smogged, though I had a large bolt in the intake port last time and it passed as well. oops :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back