The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

RPM issue at idle and under throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiba Stryker

Probationary Member
9
0
Oct 27, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
The car has been non op for roughly a year. When I finally got everything fixed and running again it was fine for a couple days. Drove fine, went through the RPM range fine, started fine, no problems other than the car just being old. The third day i drove it down to the grocery store and back and when i stopped in my driveway to park, i got this weird idle. I tried driving it back down the street but even under load it would bog and give me the same issue. It feels like im losing cylinders and then getting them back again but that is all i can figure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Before it sat it was running just fine. Is it possible i may have some blockage in the injectors? Fouled plugs? Ill probably start by pulling the plugs tomorrow and see what kind of other suggestions i can get. I have the haynes manual and feel comfortable replacing parts so I am definitely open to suggestions. I have included a video that shows the issue happening while in the driveway. when it dipped i would give it throttle to try and kick it out of the funk.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4xSuX4fV-yQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
Checked the Maf plug, didnt help. I have been working a lot so i havent been able to play with it much. One of my coworkers suggested checking the timing, does that sound like it would help? From the way it kicks in and out I think it may be spark or injectors but I guess one step at a time.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g Diff ring gear. Internal 98-99 Transmission
    98-99 Manual transmission front differential ring gear. MD770499
    • GIB
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top