The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1994 TSI Vibrating Like There's no Tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandie914

Probationary Member
Mar 28, 2011
White Plains, New_York
Hey whats up guys. I need some advice. Since the day I bought my car from my friend I knew that the car needed a new front end and tires and as of last week my car has been vibrating like if it where going into seizure. The faster I go, the more it vibrates and the steering is very choppy. I was assuming that I probably bent one of the rims. My question is what else should I check and look for when I put my car on the lift tomorrow. :thumb:

before assumeing you bent a rim, unless its clearly visibul .. id have tires balanced that would clear up allot of vibrating

I've only had the car for about a month. My front tires are pretty much toast. The metal bands are starting to stick out. I honestly don't know when the last time my tires where balanced. I would say almost 2 years ago. My motor mounts feels like there about to go. When I shift from 1st to 2nd you feel the car wiggle back and fourth but after hitting a cruising speed the wiggle goes away but the vibrating starts and won't go away. The rear rim you can see that its bent.

Ok. Well how about some new tires then. ROFL. And it couldn't hurt to check your tie rod ends and ball joints either.

That's the plan. I was gonna change the tires and have them balance to see how it rides. Then after that I'll do the front end work and motor mounts. Then I'll buy brand new tires and have the tires balanced and aligned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back