The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

So my plan was to take out the back seat...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelOfPassion

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2011
Mesa, Arizona
...Well, things got a little out of hand. :idontknow:

I think it looks AMAZING though. I really like it so much better than that awful grey plastic crap. :barf:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

LOL you keep oil behind your seat too?!

looks like 90% of the "racecar" honda's out there. ew

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Looks better than mine. I always have oil in my back seat, along with my 10 12 and 14 sockets and screwdrivers.

Thanks! Yeah I have sockets in the passenger seat with my jumper cables LOL

looks like 90% of the "racecar" honda's out there. ew

Well I figured since this is a track only car anything I don't need has no reason to be in there.

I would dynamat and carpet it all. It would make it quiet and stand out less.

Looks good though!

I would dynamat and carpet it all. It would make it quiet and stand out less.

I agree with this one. I had Mazda all gutted like this for a while, but it looks cheap or like you spilled a bunch of milk in the backseat and couldn't afford to get it cleaned.
I left my back seats out and found some new scrap carpeting that matched the grey up front. It looked a lot better than a back section that appeared to have left the factory half complete LOL

Bolt-on Modifications:
None

Engine Management:
None

Engine Internals:
Stock

Drivetrain Modifications:
None

Suspension Modifications:
None

Racecar.

Similar to what I did, but I don't have seats that recline, I removed the sound deadening and I repainted the interior to look more OEM. If I thought it looked good by removing just the carpet and seats, I would have never spent so much time going through the hassle of painting.

Ya I did the same thing but realized those plastic pieces dont really weigh much and it looks much better with the interior in so I put it all back in. My car is pretty much a track car and is pretty much gutted but I try to hide it as much as possible.

Sorry, I don't like it. I'm a full interior kind of guy. :thumb:

Ehh I'm not a fan. Carpet would make it look clean though. Oh and I used to keep all my fluids behind my seat too LOL! Until the AZ summer heat expanded the bottles and leaked oil and ps fluid all over my carpet! No more fluids in my car, although I'm in Colorado now and my new to me dsm doesn't leak anything so there's no need :) got a 100 piece tool set and floor jack in the trunk though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back