The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

What do you think? 2G SRT-4 Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srteclipse95

Probationary Member
Sep 7, 2008
destin, Florida
this is not my dd, just a project. the guys on the srt forum flamed me for it, so please if you dont like it, you dont have to be rude to tell me.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

95 eclipse gs with an 03 srt4 motor, 03 pt cruiser turbo intake, volvo 740 intercooler lambo doors, and is now sittin on srt4 rims i only have 2k invested.

Aside from the lambo doors I think it's pretty cool actually. How much of a PITA was installing the engine and whatnot? Does it run? And do you have any 1/4 mile times yet? Idk if something like this has been done before, but this is the first time I've seen anything like it, so I'm curious.

I think its pretty cool having the srt motor in it. And for what you have invested its deffinatly good. just suxs you had to cut the hood. But why did you do the pt cruiser intake?

WOW.... just curios why the STR4 motor? and the PT cruiser intake?

like i said, it was low budget, and the pt intake perfoms just as good for half the price. and i hate that i had to cut the hood. putting the motor in wasnt to bad, but wiring that mofo up was a pain. it drives, but i need a new pcm, the one in it is for a pt turbo and its out of an auto, so it redlines a 2500 rpm(like its in park) but i used the stock tranny.(5 spd) and thanx for the positive input!

like i said, it was low budget, and the pt intake perfoms just as good for half the price. and i hate that i had to cut the hood. putting the motor in wasnt to bad, but wiring that mofo up was a pain. it drives, but i need a new pcm, the one in it is for a pt turbo and its out of an auto, so it redlines a 2500 rpm(like its in park) but i used the stock tranny.(5 spd) and thanx for the positive input!

youz need to find out where that signals from and use a switch or something, (Like the supra guys that swap the auto for a 6 speed but keep the Auto ECU)

hell yea, and use it as a launch limiter. if anyone knows where i can get a cheap srt4 intake, ill jump on that! and a stock hood?

Damn dude, those runners are huge! The lambo doors say "I want to look fast" and the cut hood says "I want to go fast, even if this is the only way I can jam all these parts in here." So they cancel each other out in my book, and the SRT-4 swap is a big plus on the cool side : D

Considered just making a new plenum to bolt to the lower manifold? those runners are wayyy long and the plenum is small. Might make routing the IC a little better.

If you are hoping for 12's, I would get a different IC. They are ok, but the end tanks will probably pop off at the boost you'll need.

Oh yeah, and for 2K, that's a hell of a deal.

i just wanted to start off by saying "WOW" 1st place for being original. thats awsome.

next i would have to say to check a junk yard for the manifold....... not shere but will the non turbo neon work too? or dose it have to be a SRT4 intake?

i would check a junk yard for the intake. i bought one off a 1g and only payied 20 bux. just a thought. but i seen 3 neon 95-99 body styles at the one i go to.

I agree, this is awesome. I always like to see new things getting tried out. If somebody wasn't out there trying some crazy new s**t, then we would not see progress.

I wonder if it is functional?

If I follow this correctly, then it runs but still needs work to actually be able to really drive it around...

i regestered on the srt forum to see if i could get the parts i need cause their arent any srts in any junkyard anywhere near me, but most of those guys were pricks. i really appriciate the support, you all have been far more pleasent to converse with than the srtforums. i have thought about building an intake, but ive got my eye on an edelbrock intake on ebay, its only on there like every other month, so next time around ill have to pick it up. i have driven the car, and its got mad torque, but it cuts out at 2500 rpm. tranny bolted right up, and the mounts werent difficult at all. the wiring was a biotch!! i think it will be much faster than my dd(08 solstice gxp)

i regestered on the srt forum to see if i could get the parts i need cause their arent any srts in any junkyard anywhere near me, but most of those guys were pricks. i really appriciate the support, you all have been far more pleasent to converse with than the srtforums. i have thought about building an intake, but ive got my eye on an edelbrock intake on ebay, its only on there like every other month, so next time around ill have to pick it up. i have driven the car, and its got mad torque, but it cuts out at 2500 rpm. tranny bolted right up, and the mounts werent difficult at all. the wiring was a biotch!! i think it will be much faster than my dd(08 solstice gxp)

Well, this forum is a very respectable forum. If you are going to be an a$$ in this one, you're gone.

I think that was an interesting combination and applaud you for your efforts. That is pretty crazy there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back