The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car randomly dies while coming to stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted99_420

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2010
Fort Carson, Colorado
Ok ive searched forums and found somepost like mine but not quite what i am having. Ok heres the story of when it happened and all. First day i had car clutch went out and car didnt want to start anymore and i would have to rapidly turn key to start it. Now i have it fixed but still starting problem and now my car wants to die when its driving and coming to a stop. The MAS is hacked but it did this even with ECMlink V3 Lite. Its begining to get on my nerves. I did change the boost guage to a battery guage one night and noticed something strange. when i start to stop in neutral clutch in or anything like that it wants to die the battery guage is all the way down to 0 but will then go back up after i start driving and to keep it running i have to constantly giving it gas. So would a bad battery cause this problem? Also just for a test i took battery cables off car and it would keep running fine so im sure alt is fine.

it ended up being the battery i replaced it and was fine sold the car and delivered it to the buyer which was about 3 hours drive and no problems at all.

This is the first post for dsmtuners when you Google this problem, so I just thought I'd add:

I increased the idle on my GSX about 200 to 300 RPM to compensate for my stalling and it's been a good short-term fix until I can get time to replace a missing ground and possibly add some new ones.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back