The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Bad starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted99_420

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2010
Fort Carson, Colorado
Ok so ive had this problem for a few months and its very confusing to point of me wanting to just get whole car re-wired. I have a 95 GST and i think there is a problem with starter or relay or something. It all started one day at school i drove there fine parked it went to class and came out to leave and car started right up but died (before i recirculated BOV) , i finally got it to stay running and started home. About 1/4 mile from home the clutch started to slip real bad and finally went out i got home parked it and then it just wouldnt start any more. The starter was new according to guy i got car from the day before, and it looked new. So just incase i changed it out with one off my parts GST and i know it was new with only 100miles or so. This didnt work either still just a click and no start. After about a week i called a friend and as soon as he pulled into drive way to help poof it crunk right up like nothing, i killed it after a little while and started it again and again, than after 5th start it would click. And now one day i started it and it was perfect all day and now it takes about 5 mins to start it after turning key to start over and over again. Also my friend tapped it with a pole and hammer and it started after a few more clicks. I took the first starter to get tested and was fine. And if i try to pop the clucth it will start or if i am going to slow to start after i try to pop it and try to start the car it starts right up. Thats what is weird about it. Also it has a good ground brand new wires. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I am all out of ideas now i am close to sticking it in the shop and saying do a complete rewire of starter wires and ignition wires. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:
Im curious if your getting the full 12v to your starter solenoid when it "clicks".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back