The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

16G Record 1G dyno vid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWD4G63

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2011
Paw Paw, Michigan
Our 16G record car has the stock 6-bolt bottom end back in it, and is getting dialed in for this season. Wait for the decel flames! Made 380whp/370wtq, with a little tuning to go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IDmJvzC9FtI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What are the details of the turbo such as cast or billet? Evo3 or big16g?what turbine wheel plus turbine housing? If your willing to share

16g no nitrous record (car used to be red):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ9kGX_ldcs]Force Engineering 1g 16g record pass - YouTube[/ame]

Force Engineering, you guys build some bad ass DSMs! Good luck this season guys :thumb:

What record did you break? There's plenty of cars that made more than 380AWHP on a 16G.

380hp through an auto?? I dont know what other autos have put down. This number would probably be well over 400hp in 5spd trim. It threw me off seeing this to.

I dont care much for Dynos and am looking forward in seeing what improvments there are at the track.

Yessir, FP hooked us up with a brand new E3 16g wheel. We are going to the track tonight to see what she does. Video will be posted!

On the record pass it was making right around 400.. At the track now.. Haven't made a pass yet. Hoping for a 10.50-10.6 ish.. Need to get my other bottom end togather :(

10.43 @ 128.. 1.41 60ft.. Best 60 by .1.. The suspension stuff worked :)

2nd pass went a 10.53@128 with 1.44 60ft.. Turned the launch control up 200 rpm and it spun a bit.. Could let the air preassure down from 25psi, but I drove it here so I'm calling it a night.

Great stuff!! :thumb:

I also took my car to the track today (first time in 7 years). Drove it an hour each way just to find out that my stage 1 clutch doesn't like 30 psi as much as i do ROFL felt fine on the street but then again it was never lauched on the street..

What kind of intake temps are you guys seeing at the traps with meth and no intrecooler?

I'm running e85 and ~1650cc's of meth w/o intercooler and saw 200*F at the traps. When the meth initially kicks in it drops the temps hard but then they start rising gradually during the run. I'm thinking i need more meth or some kind of cold air intake because i'm not ready to put the fmic back on the car :nono:

F ya that thing is a beast.Get the vid from the other side in front of the exhaust next time.

I would but the methanol makes my eyes water and my nose burn so much I can't stand it for very long, hahah. :cry::cry::cry:

What kind of intake temps are you guys seeing at the traps with meth and no intrecooler?

:nono:

The IAT sensor is maxed out (302) by 6000. I actually changed cell weighing so that it doesn't include IAT when figuring load.

That makes me feel a little better, trying to launch at 30 psi yesterday (had no idea it was going to build that much boost) made my IAT went up as high as 260* ..and the clutch straight out backed out LOL

Any downsides to running such high intake temps, you seem like you are not concerned that much about it. Would it take a tall on the exhaust valves and the rest of the exhaust components? I don't have an egt probe at this time so that is something that concerns me the most.

Does your setup also loose some afr points when it gets heat soaked? I notice at certain times as much as >0.5 point of fuel loss. I try to run it on the fat side because of that.

Btw, i don't think on my ems it effects the loading, i just have it setup right now to start adding extra fuel for anything above 170* but seeing how you are running such high temps almost makes me feel overly concerned.

That makes me feel a little better, trying to launch at 30 psi yesterday (had no idea it was going to build that much boost) made my IAT went up as high as 260* ..and the clutch straight out backed out LOL

Any downsides to running such high intake temps, you seem like you are not concerned that much about it. Would it take a tall on the exhaust valves and the rest of the exhaust components? I don't have an egt probe at this time so that is something that concerns me the most.

Does your setup also loose some afr points when it gets heat soaked? I notice at certain times as much as >0.5 point of fuel loss. I try to run it on the fat side because of that.

Btw, i don't think on my ems it effects the loading, i just have it setup right now to start adding extra fuel for anything above 170* but seeing how you are running such high temps almost makes me feel overly concerned.

That car is on methanol, which is much more resilient to high IATs.. as far as their EGTs.. it would be more of a concern if they were running out for more than 10seconds at WOT. But again, being on alcohol.. its is easier to run more timing and comparatively leaner which keeps EGTs in check.

I'm not concerned about it because im on Methanol. There is always power to be had with cooler air. With meth the gains are minimal, but still there. I dont see any AFR difference after a pull when the chrage pipes are good and warm. IAT normally is calculated into the load value of an ecu on SD, but not always.

What Are you guys running for safe Egt numbers??

I've never had an EGT gauge on this.. it would be interesting to see EGT, along with drive pressure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back