The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Kc's hx52 talon 579whp at 23psi dyno at fwd performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swifteagle

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2012
livingston, Texas
Just got done on the dyno car made 579whp at 23 psi clutch started slipping so we could not run any more boost this was on e85 and a holset hx52.I'll put some vids up later.

On like the first pull at 15psi it made 400whp.

Dang that's awsome! I curently have a HX-40 but have purchased a HX-52. Its not installed yet. The 52 is SO FREAKIN HUGE in terms of actual physicall size and shape and weight. Was charged on shippin for that thing, 49 pound package. Defanatley feels like it weighs fifty pounds.

What turbo did you run prior to the 52? I would assume you upgraded from somethin else as nobody just springs for the biggest bastard they make.

So what was your prior turbo? And after switchin to the 52 how much of a RPM loss was there gettin into boost? I'm personally havin second thoughts of puttin the 52 on my car. It looks like it will loose SO much street manners.

My current set up is a 60mm 6blade compressor wheel with a 12blade turbine wheel. True Holeset compressor cover and a bullsey power turbine housing that's T3 in and 3" v-band out. With Ross 8.8-1 pistons BC 280* cams and 2 huge custom made mannifolds my HX40 will do 30 psi by 4900RPM and a rev limiter set at 8500

So I bearley have a lil over 3500RPM of true balls to the walls usable power, I'm AFFRAID that once I switch to the big dawg HX52 that my lag is gonna make me dislike it. Its my assumption that, that same 30psi boost that I used to hit at 4900RPM won't be seen untill probably, oh, I'm thinkin 56,5700RPM.

That would put my true balls to the wall power zone less than 3000RPM of power. I don't like that idea to much at all.

Since I already have done Holset HX-35 and HX-40 and am soon to (maybe) do the 52 I'd like to know how it spools compard to the previous turbo? How is it on the street? The 52 comes with a T5 footprint. Did you just wobble out the holes to get it to bolt up to T4 flange? What kind of turbo header/mannifold do you run? Is it divided?

I LOVE the HX-52, the sheer size and looks of it is true bad-ass. But, I'm worried about spool. Was it worth it to you? Do you have any regrets? Is there anything you would change or do differantly?

I know what the HX-40 is capable of. People clear 600AWHP with it and have done EASY ten second passes. The fact that its still relativley "quick on its feet" to spool is what makes me be a firm beleiver in the HX-40. I'm scared that the 52 is gonna make me miss my 40... Any advice? Thanks, and sorry so many questions. Thanks agin

my motor is stock crank eagle rods wiesco pistons arp hardware bc 284 280 cams springs retainers and engine builder valves stock port head intake and tb. Its about 8.9.1 cp ratio.And yes you can just use a t4 manifold and open the holes up I'am just using a obx t4 open manifold.

I'am not exactly sure where the boost comes in at but when I get to drive it I'll let you guys know. Here's the dyno sheet

The pulls he made are in 4th. The clutch is just a cheap xtd unsprung stage 4.

Attachments

• 0 1836.jpg
    0 1836.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 262
The car is awd I just dyno it fwd.

Is the SMP charger still at FWDP?

Really nice numbers. 400hp @ 15psi is awesome.

Here's the link to one of the first couple of pulls. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSgWQeWdVSY]Kody's AWD Talon, on Dyno made 600hp on low boost - YouTube[/ame]

The intercooler is just a cheap Godspeed bar&plate no meth injection

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6xI3v0G5mg&feature=player_embedded]Fwd tuned DSM - YouTube[/ame] heres the vid of the 579 pull

Thanks to Cindy/James and the guy's at fwdperformance.

yea and still havent gotten back to see at what rpm are you reaching full boost?

The talon has been on the back burner. I still need to make a wastegate dump finish the paint work and put a good clutch in it ect.So I have not got to drive it much but it runs good and cold start and idles good with the 1650s. its only running about 20psi right now because of the clutch issue and if anyone wants to donate a twin disk that would be great!

I'll have to take the car out and see but I think it hits 20psi by about 4500rpm

Last edited:
Update I got a qm twin disk in so I am going to start working on the talon soon.

I got mine off ebay they sell them as used cores.

I hope to get the talon finished up and back to the dyno by September. Then we can see what it will do on 40psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back