The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Vr4 2.3l 505hp & 435tq gt3082r

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FCR

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2008
USA, Florida
Mods
Engine
2.3L Stroker
Eagle rods, CP pistons 9:1, Balance shafts removed
Ported 1g head
Cometic head gasket
Crower springs and retainers
HKS 264 Intake/264 Exhaust Cams
ARP Head Studs and crank main caps
Custom Intercooler and piping
Custom Intake manifold 65mm Throtle body
HKS Blowoff valve x 2
Tial 44mm wastegate
Stainless Manifold, downpipe, 3.5 cat back with Apex'i muffler
Garett GT3082R Turbo
Setrab oil cooler kit
1000cc injectors
Quatermaster clutch, custom stainless braided line from clutch pump
Aeromotive FPR and Filter 2 walbro 255 external pumps RCI 15gal fuel cell

Electronics
Microtech LTX 8 with dash unit
Defi gauges EGT, Oil P, Oil T, Rev, Boost, Water Temp
PLX wideband
HKS Turbo Timer
Greddy Profect B Boost Controller

The car made 505hp / 435tq on 21psi on pump gas (93oct):D

Attachments

• 127952-0-0-0.jpg
    127952-0-0-0.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Congrats!! That's an awesome setup! Maybe get some hks 272's in there and I think you'd see a decent power increase. You may have your reasons for those 264's though.

Very nice! Any numbers on race gas? Or any plans to run any in the future?

Wow those numbers are almost unbelievable on pump gas and such low boost on a turbo that small. Good stuff

Wow those numbers are almost unbelievable on pump gas and such low boost on a turbo that small. Good stuff

Actually we're surprise too with the results and the car feels awesome but i was having pretty much the same set up on my last VR4 and the numbers were not to far from this numbers now on pump gas too

Congrats!! That's an awesome setup! Maybe get some hks 272's in there and I think you'd see a decent power increase. You may have your reasons for those 264's though.

Thanks man i think about that but by the time that i was building the motor i was having those around my garage and right now the car works really good with this combo maybe i'll try it in the future

Very nice! Any numbers on race gas? Or any plans to run any in the future?

Yes i was talking with the guys in the shop the other day about that and the plan is VP C16 or c23 (we're not sure yet) and 32psi (or maybe more LOL) to see what happend but honestly i'm building this car for road racing so maybe i don't need more power i just want to have some fun with the car but i'm gonna do it to see how much more hp i could get from this setup....

What radiator is that? Setup looks good and is producing great numbers.

HOLY RADIATOR BATMAN!!!! OMG

on another note what was peak timing?

LOL nice radiator man, tucked in real nice. Does the car ever heat up?

A 35R compressor wheel isn't exactly small haha.

Nice numbers. How does the transient response feel with that turbo? It has one of the biggest differences between the compressor and turbine wheel I've seen in an aftermarket turbo.

You should try and get a graph up!

HOLY RADIATOR BATMAN!!!! OMG

on another note what was peak timing?

I'm sorry guys i been out for a while but..... my peak timing is 16*

LOL nice radiator man, tucked in real nice. Does the car ever heat up?

Actually in summer time the temp is always around 160/170 normal driving but when i autocross the car after 20/25 minutes (a very hard driving for that period of time) it goes around 205*

Nice power and torque for pump gas. Any meth injection?

no meth

I realized this after i saw your pics... my mistake sir. Either way nice power!

very nice engine and clean engine bay. i love the core support design.

Very impressive numbers for low boost and pump gas. I just picked up the Hta version so this definitely makes me happy to see such good results. Can you post the whole graph by chance ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back