The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

HTA73 Green at 21psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94awdcoupe

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2004
tampa, Florida
there was a local dyno day a couple weeks ago. threw the EVO 1 on just for fun. throwing the graph up just for fun. the turbo setup info is here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/360923-my-73hta-green-here.html#post152105517

setup:
mahle/scat rod 9.0/1 stroker
fp2 cams
self ported head
xs engineering IC core 2.5 pipes
3 inch exhaust with EVO 8 Muffler in rear, Megan evo 8 muff in cat spot
evo 8 MAF
ecmLINK V3 self tuned
880s with two 650s in IC pipe spraying ETH at mirror duty cycle of mains

21psi AVCR
10-11/1 A/F
680 egt
timing 4-11
intake temp 80
45lbs peak flow

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice setup. Is that an Evo X turbo manifold heat shield? Looks very similar if it isn't. Good numbers. Congrats.

Josh

Josh, the heat sheild , turbo, exhaust manifold, and 02 housing are all from evo 10. all modified to work in DSM mode. lots of work but worth the effort.

nice numbers!

You and I have very similar setups save my Evo X turbo is stock on the turbine side with a 20G compressor.

I would love to hear more info regarding the secondary injectors/meth system and how you have it plumbed, wired, and controlled.

re-dynoed today.

added owner ported intake
20.4psi at 4500rpm tapers to 24psi at 6600rpm then flat to redline 7800
4 degrees climbing to 12
10/1 A/F
intake temp 99
47.5lbs peak airflow (was peaking 50.5 just two weeks ago 90 intake temp)

results

car is stupid fun. power, finesse and manners all rolled in one. virtually no sacrifices in drivabilty. simply drives like a new car does off showroom floor. make no mistake 460whp/400tq at 3800rpm yanks this 2800lbs around like a ragdoll

final tweaks will be moving eth spray to manifold and speed density conversion. I think I will hit 500 with just 25psi. great turbo. thanks FP.

I know this is a old thread, but curious too know whats going on with this Frankenstein setup you got going on right heeyuh ;-)

I also run a Frankenstein turbo setup but using a fpgreen copycat evo9 turbo in my SRT4 but im not using the oem ts housing. Im using a SRT4 integrated manifold meaning its a one piece unit. Turbine housing and 02 housing all casted into one but the turbine housing is a 10cm^2 housing so I know its plenty! Lil laggy (on my evo9 stock frame turbo, full boost was around 4k with boost pressures greatrr than 3bar!) but was hellof a turbo. Made 534/510 @36psi on full e85. Stock 2.4 suporting mods etc...Loved that turbo so much, decided too stay with a stock frame turbo and upgraded...getting ready too throw in a Ball bearing fpblack copycat turbo.

Now im fully built, looking too throw down numbers close too 700whp with 35+psi on e85. I have been pondering with the idea of having a custom tubular twin scroll manifold made for me and pick up a 11.5 tw evo9 housing machined for the td06hr 11 blade wheel and go to work, but its going too take tons of work. Custom 02, custom exhaust system, the manifold, etc...reason why I cant sell my existing manifold cos its really that easy for this turbo too slide in

my setup has been doing work for over three years. very pleased with it. I dont push turbos at high boost though. I prefer to have realistic build parameters that give lasting results.

setup:
mahle/scat rod 9.0/1 stroker
fp3 cams
self ported head
xs engineering IC core 2.5 pipes
3 inch exhaust with EVO 8 Muffler in rear, Megan evo 8 muff in cat spot
evo 8 MAF
ecmLINK V3 self tuned
780s with two 650s in IC pipe spraying ETH at mirror duty cycle
hta red

started to play with the virtual dyno software. we lost our local dynojet so its not convenient to get a dyno pull to see where the car is at. The software does not have the early evo for data selection. So I have to create settings on my own. last two times on a dyno jet the car made 426/405 (44.5lbs.) and 459/421 (47.5lbs) these two VD pulls on the new changes were right around 51lbs peak (at 25psi) so I think estimate is pretty close. close enough to do some tweaking with. so this will serve as my new baseline for now. the hta green was peaking at 53.5psi at 26psi before it was removed.
[DOUBLEPOST=1412602895][/DOUBLEPOST]

[DOUBLEPOST=1412603565][/DOUBLEPOST]from engine compartment shot in post 9 to the one in post 16 I shaved 75lbs. without removing a/c or power steering!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back