The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 GSX/ Borg s259 ett/ e73 dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomdeeze

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Independence, Minnesota
Finally got her on the dyno and not one thing went wrong!!! My e85 was tested and it turned out to be e73. Would have made my goal of 500 awhp but the clutch was slipping since it is not broke in yet. :ohdamn: But in all I was very happy with the results!!! The dyno is a Dynamatic, Enjoy!!!

480 awhp/ 375 ft lbs

Made 561 awhp on the dyno jet setting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_V9kEcnV5dU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice. post up the dyno sheet!

I saw this on mitsustyle, congrats man! Awesome power!

It wouldn't let me post it last night but here it is!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20111015_210441.jpg
    IMG_20111015_210441.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 274
Hell ya.. Congrats man... Glad to have our sponsored cars making some nice power.. Keep it up.

Congrats, that looks good. :) Do you have a log you could post of the pull?

I was going to get a 3rd gear pull and log it but had a great surprise this morning. The seal gave on the oil filter and I lost all the oil, atleast thats what I think is the culprit of covering the bottom of the engine. I was running 20w-50 and was seeing over 100 psi so I can understand why the seal gave. I am going to put Brad Penn 10w-40 in there so the pressure isn't so high and then will try and get a thrid gear pull.

Anyone else notice that the spool on it is kind of slow? Or is that just me? It hits like a ton of bricks when she kicks in but should it be spooling a little sooner?

You are in a t4 housing. I believe most of the guys with the s200 series turbos are running BEP housings, either the bolton or .70 t3. Either one I would think would spool quicker.

You are in a t4 housing. I believe most of the guys with the s200 series turbos are running BEP housings, either the bolton or .70 t3. Either one I would think would spool quicker.

I figured that when I bought it but also thought the divided housing would spool it a bit quicker. Guess I will just have to deal with it.

I figured that when I bought it but also thought the divided housing would spool it a bit quicker. Guess I will just have to deal with it.

Looked in your profile. The exh mani you have does not use two wategates where the exhaust gases are divided?

Could be your exh manifold,cams and your turbine housing combo. Now is your turbine housing twin scroll it only says T4 .84 AR that would also make the major difference in spool up?

Check out this thread similar sized turbo: http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dy...9-borgwarner-twin-scroll-7670-dyno-graph.html
EFR but in the S200sx family.

Last edited:
Looked in your profile. The exh mani you have does not use two wategates where the exhaust gases are divided?

Could be your exh manifold,cams and your turbine housing combo. Now is your turbine housing twin scroll it only says T4 .84 AR that would also make the major difference in spool up?

Check out this thread similar sized turbo: Borgwarner Twin Scroll 7670 With Dyno Graph - evolutionm.net
EFR but in the S200sx family.

Yes the housing is divided and I think my cams may be cause the slow spool as it doesn't allow for much bottom end. Im not too big of a fan of these Graveyard 274's. I pull like 3-5 inHg vacuum and can't get it any higher, I may switch to kelford 272's and see.

Make sure that wastegate port is divided up to the gate, and what are you using to tune with? Usually running less time and more fuel will get the turbo online quicker, especially right in the spool zone.

Nice! But whats even nicer your engine sound healthy, most impressive no smoke at the end of the run like most i see:D keep up good work.

Thanks and yes I was happy to see no smoke come out after the pull.

And about the manifold, the wastegate is not divided all the way to the gate. I suggested that to MAP when I bought it but they said there was little no no gain and not worth the extra work. They said I may gain 200 rpms so I just installed it. I did swap my cams out now so will be taking it back out once the roads clear back up!!! I will let you guys know the difference and will post up the new dyno pulls. The only difference is the cams.

Just an update, I swapped my cams to the fp2's and dyno'd again which you can see the differences in another thread.

Made 493 awhp and 380 ft/lbs at the same boost level.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back