The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2g GST Holset HX40 - 570 whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodsm18

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2005
816/417, Missouri
Took my car to the dyno today....I cant turn the boost up cause there is no boost controller on the car. I have the big and little blue springs in my wastegate...Should be 23 psi but it holds 27 psi. I think it cause I only run a downpipe and no catback...

So 27 psi on an hx-40 t3 .70 ar housing .... The car made 570 whp and 425 ft/lbs

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is on E-85 and 21* degrees timing...12.2 - 12.5 afrs....on ONE NON REWIRED walboro 255 fuel pump...

This is still on a stock 6 bolt shortblock with 113K miles on it....Most other mods are in my profile but some may not be....So if you have any questions please ask.

Im uploading the video now so I will have them up tonight...

-Kevin-

Congrats on those numbers! Hx40 FTW! What kind of dyno?

Awesome great job finally someone got there hx40 to a dyno. great numbers for only being mild boost, easy mid 600's with 33-35 psi. say good bye to any traction LOL, I did an awd swap on my 99 :)

awesome man! im currently building a 2.3 with a hx40. still stumped on what manifold to go with i want all low end. gna be a street car

Nice numbers.

It would be interesting to see what it would do with another 5-10 psi.

How's traction (or lack thereof)?

Traction was non existent...The car spins till about 110 mph in 3rd.

I have torn the car down to awd swap it, Ill be hitting the track July 17th. Im adding my second fuel pump and I just purchased a hallman pro boost controller, so Im gonna take the boost up a little more. Im not sure how comfortable I am running the car on 35 psi and the stock bottom end, but its worth a shot.

Ill keep you guys updated.

-Kevin-

Would be interesting to see the results with a 2G head.

Traction was non existent...The car spins till about 110 mph in 3rd.

I have torn the car down to awd swap it, Ill be hitting the track July 17th. Im adding my second fuel pump and I just purchased a hallman pro boost controller, so Im gonna take the boost up a little more. Im not sure how comfortable I am running the car on 35 psi and the stock bottom end, but its worth a shot.

Ill keep you guys updated.

-Kevin-
I figured traction was scarce. I was spinning the front wheels til 80mph with only 400 WHP, so I figured yours was worse yet. I'm glad to hear you're doing the AWD swap. Good luck at the track in July. :thumb:

Took my car to the dyno today....I cant turn the boost up cause there is no boost controller on the car. I have the big and little blue springs in my wastegate...Should be 23 psi but it holds 27 psi. I think it cause I only run a downpipe and no catback...

So 27 psi on an hx-40 t3 .70 ar housing .... The car made 570 whp and 425 ft/lbs

This is on E-85 and 21* degrees timing...12.2 - 12.5 afrs....on ONE NON REWIRED walboro 255 fuel pump...

This is still on a stock 6 bolt shortblock with 113K miles on it....Most other mods are in my profile but some may not be....So if you have any questions please ask.

Im uploading the video now so I will have them up tonight...

-Kevin-

Great numbers.....but at 27 psi and all stock, how long do you think it will last ?

Great numbers.....but at 27 psi and all stock, how long do you think it will last ?

It has seen over 50 pulls already....Boost will be turned up when I finish the awd swap...If it blows it blows, thats part of making power.

-Kevin-

Ok a few questions....

Is this the 8, 7, or 6blade hx40 comp wheel?
Is that really how late you see boost? 3rd or 4th gear pull?

I know on my 2.0L 8v vw i see 25psi around 4500 in 3rd with the regular 12cm^2 housing (ported out to match a true single scroll t3 gasket, also knife edged the divider)

I plan to be upgrading to a hx40 7blade so your info would help me....great numbers btw :hellyeah:

Ok a few questions....

Is this the 8, 7, or 6blade hx40 comp wheel?
Is that really how late you see boost? 3rd or 4th gear pull?

I know on my 2.0L 8v vw i see 25psi around 4500 in 3rd with the regular 12cm^2 housing (ported out to match a true single scroll t3 gasket, also knife edged the divider)

I plan to be upgrading to a hx40 7blade so your info would help me....great numbers btw :hellyeah:

The turbo is a 7 blade Hx-40 - T3 .70 ar housing

All pulls on the dyno were done in 4th. Im seeing 27 psi by about 4900-5100 rpms, on wastegate only. Its said that running straight off the wastegate will slow spool slightly, im adding my hallman pro when I get the car back together.

Stock shortblock and I have never compression tested it, so I cant give any info there.

-Kevin-

The turbo is a 7 blade Hx-40 - T3 .70 ar housing

All pulls on the dyno were done in 4th. Im seeing 27 psi by about 4900-5100 rpms, on wastegate only. Its said that running straight off the wastegate will slow spool slightly, im adding my hallman pro when I get the car back together.

Stock shortblock and I have never compression tested it, so I cant give any info there.

-Kevin-
yea thats true. So with a proper boost controller and on the street you'll prob see full boost around 45~4600...or should.

yea thats true. So with a proper boost controller and on the street you'll prob see full boost around 45~4600...or should.

Not 100% sure, but i will be able to give you a clear answer in a day or so, when i get it back on the road with the boost controller on it.

-Kevin-

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back