The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

565 AWHP on pump/meth and conservative tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red97gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2007
eastern, Connecticut
Finally dynoed my car after a turbo,fuel system,exhaust change from last year.
Happy with the dyno and driveability results. 2.3 stroker with a HTA35R on pump/meth at 27psi.

Last edited:
Congrats on the numbers.
Would you happen to have a DSMLink log and a dyno plot showing rpm along the bottom axis?
I'd like to see what you consider a conservative tune and on what "Pump" gas are you referring too?
E85 may be available at a gas station pump, but we all know it's not gasoline, especially when you compare it to 91 craptane.

Either way nice numbers man...

Congrats on the numbers.
Would you happen to have a DSMLink log and a dyno plot showing rpm along the bottom axis?
I'd like to see what you consider a conservative tune and on what "Pump" gas are you referring too?
E85 may be available at a gas station pump, but we all know it's not gasoline, especially when you compare it to 91 craptane.

Either way nice numbers man...

Pump gas out my way is 93 octane Citgo. Because we have no means of E85, i also am spraying a small amount of meth regulated progressively through my snow performance controller starting at 8psi and full at 16psi and up. I am going to try to attach both the log and the dyno sheet.

Attachments

• dyno sheet.jpg
    dyno sheet.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
What are all of your fuel mods? Pumps/Lines/Rewires, ya know.

Walbro 255 in tank rewired, -6 feed to a earls high flow filter to the stock fuel rail, through a set of FIC 1050's returning -6 to a aeromotive AFPR then tieing back into the stock return to tank. I will be completing the -6 return from the regulator to the tank this winter, even though it did not cause me any issues.

ok, Were you getting lean at all?

No still very safe. a/f's were very safe. Could push the tune farther and push the car farther and crank the boost, but i think i will wait until spring to push it any farther. I still have a ACT2600 with a street disc in it. Twin disc this winter.

Any numbers without meth? We have almost the exact same mods although I'm running straight 93 no meth. Makes me excited to get my car dynoed. Meth or not, those are awesome numbers :hellyeah:

Congrats but people so often claim "pump gas" numbers with using methanol injection. You need to change the title of the thread. There is a big difference between a true pump gas car and pump/meth.

Any numbers without meth? We have almost the exact same mods although I'm running straight 93 no meth. Makes me excited to get my car dynoed. Meth or not, those are awesome numbers :hellyeah:

I don't have any numbers without meth at 27 psi. I am really not using much meth, i only have a jet in it for 350-400hp range and actually was taking quite a bit of fuel away on top. I could have tuned much more aggressively with more meth, boost and trimmed the tune down more and made a huge number but this is a good safe range for now. I want to get my car to handle better under acceleration now before adding any more steam. Under hard acceleration now, it pulls so hard the front wanders bad because it's taking so much weight and transferring. The car handles well and the front end is tight, just under hard acceleration you have to saw away at the wheel. Anyone know of any remedies?

I don't have any numbers without meth at 27 psi. I am really not using much meth, i only have a jet in it for 350-400hp range and actually was taking quite a bit of fuel away on top. I could have tuned much more aggressively with more meth, boost and trimmed the tune down more and made a huge number but this is a good safe range for now. I want to get my car to handle better under acceleration now before adding any more steam. Under hard acceleration now, it pulls so hard the front wanders bad because it's taking so much weight and transferring. The car handles well and the front end is tight, just under hard acceleration you have to saw away at the wheel. Anyone know of any remedies?

I'd try corner balancing first. If that doesn't help, get a Quaife front diff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back