The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

475awhp & 443 ft-lbs of Torque PTE6031E

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewbird91

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Just wanted to share some info. I went to Beyond Redline in Green Bay, WI yesterday to put the car on the Eddy Current Dyno Jet AWD dyno. (Beyond Redline :: Performance Center)

I have been working on getting this car right for years and there would always be something that needed to change or be fixed. Well finally I got the car to a point where it was decent enough so I wanted to get in on the dyno before putting it away for winter.

Mods are as follows:
Engine:
2.3L
Wiseco Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP mainstuds & Headstuds

Head:
Stock-rebuilt no port work, no oversized valves
5 angle valve job
stock cam gears
Comp 101200 cams
MLS headgasket
BPR8ES plugs
NGK Wires
Stock ignition

Intake:
Stock Intake Manifold
Stock throttle body
2.5" intercooler piping
3" GM MAF
Tial BOV
PTE "medium" core intercooler
3" intake with K&N cone filter
Joe P MBC

Exhaust:
Evo 3 manifold, mildy ported
Tial 38mm wastegate dumped (28psi)
2.5" o2 housing
3" downpipe
3" cat
2.5" catback (axle back is press bent 2.5")
Dynomax muffler
PTE 6031e turbo with 76 exhaust housing

Drivetrain:
3-bolt rear end
stock replacement axles
Shep stage 3 tranny
stock transfer case
stock driveshaft
ACT 2900 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Big brake upgrade

Fuel:
E85 (actually more like E70)
Ford 1600cc/min injectors
Anodized fuel rail
-8an lines (from pump to rail)
Fuelab fuel filter (golan craped out)
Walbro 255 intank, Bosch 044 inline
Aeromotive AFPR

Suspension:
energy suspension bushings
DME rear camber kit (don't like adjustability)

Electronics:
DSMLink V2
GM 3.3 Bar
PLX wideband
Good alarm system!

Alot of the stock stuff has been replaced with new OEM stuff (gaskets, bolts, etc). I have put a lot of work into this car and set a goal of 450awhp and I achieved that. Now I think I just want to enjoy it. Going to the next step would require more drastic changes (better fuel setup as it was starting to lean out at the top end, new intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo/turbo housing, 4 bolt rear end, .....). I would like to thank all the forum members on here for the help (Jeffgst and Sillycon along with others). Now all that's left to do is take it to the track and get an 11 sec timeslip.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Good numbers on that turbo for sure.

Dacowgod made 457whp (can't remember the tq number) with a PTE 6031E in a .82 a/r T3 housing last season (2008). We just couldn't keep that turbo together for more than 1200 miles at a time or it would probably still be on the car today.

Just wanted to share some info. I went to Beyond Redline in Green Bay, WI yesterday to put the car on the Eddy Current Dyno Jet AWD dyno. (Beyond Redline :: Performance Center)

I have been working on getting this car right for years and there would always be something that needed to change or be fixed. Well finally I got the car to a point where it was decent enough so I wanted to get in on the dyno before putting it away for winter.

Mods are as follows:
Engine:
2.3L
Wiseco Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP mainstuds & Headstuds

Head:
Stock-rebuilt no port work, no oversized valves
5 angle valve job
stock cam gears
Comp 101200 cams
MLS headgasket
BPR8ES plugs
NGK Wires
Stock ignition

Intake:
Stock Intake Manifold
Stock throttle body
2.5" intercooler piping
3" GM MAF
Tial BOV
PTE "medium" core intercooler
3" intake with K&N cone filter
Joe P MBC

Exhaust:
Evo 3 manifold, mildy ported
Tial 38mm wastegate dumped (28psi)
2.5" o2 housing
3" downpipe
3" cat
2.5" catback (axle back is press bent 2.5")
Dynomax muffler
PTE 6031e turbo with 76 exhaust housing

Drivetrain:
3-bolt rear end
stock replacement axles
Shep stage 3 tranny
stock transfer case
stock driveshaft
ACT 2900 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Big brake upgrade

Fuel:
E85 (actually more like E70)
Ford 1600cc/min injectors
Anodized fuel rail
-8an lines (from pump to rail)
Fuelab fuel filter (golan craped out)
Walbro 255 intank, Bosch 044 inline
Aeromotive AFPR

Suspension:
energy suspension bushings
DME rear camber kit (don't like adjustability)

Electronics:
DSMLink V2
GM 3.3 Bar
PLX wideband
Good alarm system!

Alot of the stock stuff has been replaced with new OEM stuff (gaskets, bolts, etc). I have put a lot of work into this car and set a goal of 450awhp and I achieved that. Now I think I just want to enjoy it. Going to the next step would require more drastic changes (better fuel setup as it was starting to lean out at the top end, new intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo/turbo housing, 4 bolt rear end, .....). I would like to thank all the forum members on here for the help (Jeffgst and Sillycon along with others). Now all that's left to do is take it to the track and get an 11 sec timeslip.

how could you be running out of fuel? 1600cc injectors 2 pumps etc even with E85 depending on your boost level I would think what u have would support 550-600awhp

Ford 1600cc injectors?

More details!

You can order ford/bosch injectors and the tops have to be turned (on a lathe) to fit the rail (or the rail modified) and the lower pintle cap/o-rings have to be removed.

Once that is done you use the normal mitsu o-rings and seals to install the injectors.
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/PartsJPEGs/Injectors/0280150846CNG.jpg

I'm wondering how correct the HP ext on the V3 is because at 2900 pounds i'm like at 378 whp on pump gas. great numbers tho.
As long as you enter in the right altitude, tire size, and so on, it should be close and get you in the ballpark but the dyno is a better measure.

how could you be running out of fuel? 1600cc injectors 2 pumps etc even with E85 depending on your boost level I would think what u have would support 550-600awhp

If you look at the bottom section of the dyno chart my a/f ratio starts to go up after 7k rpms. Basically the two pumps couldn't keep up. I have a Bosch 044 inline and a Walbro 255 intank (in series) if I had two Walbros in the tank (parallel) that would have been able to flow more. Or if I added a boost-a-pump that might have helped as well.
I've heard of 550awhp on that fuel pump setup with E85 but not 600awhp, do you know anyone that has done that?

Didn't catch the inline bosh pump. Go to dual intank 255's and all is good . What base fuel pressure? I am sitting up a 1G for E85 and running a PTE3431 ballbearing turbo. Looking for 450whp.:D

What was the PSI for that pull.:thumb:

Yes but, a Bosch 044 inline and a walbro 255 intank will not support that. I never said the injectors were the problem.
At this moment the fuel pumps are the limiting factor. I saw the log on the DSMlink forums and I noticed that the 1600's are only at 71% IDC. This shows me that you are not fully maximizing your fuel system.

Lower base fuel pressure. This will allow the pumps to not work as hard and overall fuel flow will increase to the rail. You want to find the point where both the pumps and the injectors are maxed out at the same time. Dropping base fuel pressure to 30 PSI will allow you to gain around 50-75HP worth of fuel flow to the rail, while your injectors will be operating near 95% IDC.

This is a bandaid temporary fix, but it will get you more fuel if you need it now. I was able to get over 530WHP with the 255HP feeding a 044 inline combo. More WHP for $0.00. That is my kind of modification. :hellyeah:

At this moment the fuel pumps are the limiting factor. I saw the log on the DSMlink forums and I noticed that the 1600's are only at 71% IDC. This shows me that you are not fully maximizing your fuel system.

Lower base fuel pressure. This will allow the pumps to not work as hard and overall fuel flow will increase to the rail. You want to find the point where both the pumps and the injectors are maxed out at the same time. Dropping base fuel pressure to 30 PSI will allow you to gain around 50-75HP worth of fuel flow to the rail, while your injectors will be operating near 95% IDC.

This is a bandaid temporary fix, but it will get you more fuel if you need it now. I was able to get over 530WHP with the 255HP feeding a 044 inline combo. More WHP for $0.00. That is my kind of modification. :hellyeah:

:applause: We all love extra WHP without spending the extra $$

im doing a same setup motor wise ..but i want to go with a holset turbo do you guys think i would make 450awhp with hx35 on 93 pump gas?

i make 480whp according to dsmlink, and i run a 2.3 with a stock intake,272s, a bep hx40 @ 28psi with only 12* of timing on 93 pump

Good peak numbers, Im not a fan of the powerband though. It will go 11s with that power easily.

Just replying to this thread. I know it may be a little old, but I actually am the one that ended up with the car. I know you sold it to a guy named Erik, but he kept it for a month or so and now I have it.

I just want to say I love the car!!!! I'm also a long time customer of Beyond Redline and the car hasn't given me any problems thus far(knock on wood) except the struts need to be replaced.

I've already repalced the catback exhaust with a true 3" mandrel bent 304 Stainless exhaust and 'm planning on putting on a beyond redline intake manifold, another in-take walbaro fuel pump, new agx adjustable struts, and putting a gtx35r on the car with a tial 44mm wg very soon! This is our new shop car and expect great things from it!

Just replying to this thread. I know it may be a little old, but I actually am the one that ended up with the car. I know you sold it to a guy named Erik, but he kept it for a month or so and now I have it.

I just want to say I love the car!!!! I'm also a long time customer of Beyond Redline and the car hasn't given me any problems thus far(knock on wood) except the struts need to be replaced.

I've already repalced the catback exhaust with a true 3" mandrel bent 304 Stainless exhaust and 'm planning on putting on a beyond redline intake manifold, another in-take walbaro fuel pump, new agx adjustable struts, and putting a gtx35r on the car with a tial 44mm wg very soon! This is our new shop car and expect great things from it!

Cool, glad to see it ended up in the right hands. I put a lot of work into the car. Shot me a PM and we can chat more I can give you more details about the car.

Before you do all that work you should run it at the track as is because I never got a chance to.

Cool, glad to see it ended up in the right hands. I put a lot of work into the car. Shot me a PM and we can chat more I can give you more details about the car.

Before you do all that work you should run it at the track as is because I never got a chance to.

I tried to get to great lakes this past weekend but that's the weekend they just chose to close it down for the rest of the season! Just missed it! Looks like it'll just have to be next season. But yeah when I get some more time I'll send you a PM and we'll chat about it some more.

Wanted to post a NEW UPDATE. I thought I'd share my new modifications.

FP DSM 82 dbb turbo with billet wheel
Beyond Redline intake manifold
Tial MVR 44mm wastegate
FP oil lines
Custom water lines
FP exhaust manifold
New exhaust studs/nuts/bolts
Specialty Auto custom 3" stainless steel down pipe with v-band and exhaust oil scavenger(eliminating oil catch can)
Specialty Auto custom 2.5" intercooler piping
Full 3" stainless steel exhaust from down pipe back
FP 4" intake with 4" K&N air filter
Dual walbaro 255's in tank and bosch 044 inline
Upgraded to VERSION 3 DSM link with speed density
Megan Racing coilovers to eliminate KYB struts/lowering springs

Finished motor pics coming soon....

Last edited:
Wanted to post a NEW UPDATE. I thought I'd share my new modifications.

FP DSM 82 dbb turbo with billet wheel
Beyond Redline intake manifold
Tial MVR 44mm wastegate
FP oil lines
Custom water lines
FP exhaust manifold
New exhaust studs/nuts/bolts
Specialty Auto custom 3" stainless steel down pipe with v-band and exhaust oil scavenger(eliminating oil catch can)
Specialty Auto custom 2.5" intercooler piping
Full 3" stainless steel exhaust from down pipe back
FP 4" intake with 4" K&N air filter
Upgraded to VERSION 3 DSM link with speed density
Megan Racing coilovers to eliminate KYB struts/lowering springs

Finished motor pics coming soon....

Dude that is awesome, that just made my day. I'm glad to see where you are taking it. Please give me more details (shop website, when your tuning/racing it, contact info if you want to know anything about the car). Also please post some engine bay or other pictures cause I want to see that. Keep up the good work.

What is the flow rate for this turbo?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back