The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2ngt NA dyno record 212.6whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullettdsm

N/T DSM Wiseman
DSM Wiseman
Dec 17, 2004
East Hampton, Connecticut
As some of you know, I have been having a problem with the NA for almost a year. Not that I was working on it steady for the last year, but I had some bright minds trying to figure it out over that time, and we just couldn't find it. Thought I fixed the problem about 7 different times, only to find out I didn't :coy: I had checked and replaced every sensor, wire and connection on the car :p (ok, maybe not every wire, but you get my drift). I think we finally figured it out;

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only changes I made (that would add power) from the previous 204.9whp record, were the Ishtara (sp?) crankscraper and I vented the block. Gaining 8whp was a bit more than I expected, LOL (in addition, it smoothed out and extended the curve). I kinda expected to make less due to the amount of abuse I have given this engine. So I'm pretty happy with that.

The problem was (long story shorter) the resistor for the injectors had broken down. Not totally but just enough to give out more voltage. That, in turn, broke down the coils in the DSM injectors, still allowing them to function, but with a stronger resistance built up. MSnS didn't like this :nono:

Yes I sent the injectors out to be checked, but (my biggest mistake) only static checked - not dynamic. (I know long story short) I ended getting some OEM Mustang 42lb Green tops (saturated) and threw out the DSM 450's along with the resistor set-up.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it :thumb:

MB

Crap one more edit in: Paul are you going to the Shoot Out?

(I know we now have a dyno area for tuners. I would post up in there but I think all of our 420a people would miss it. So I'm hoping you mods could leave it in here for a little bit).

As some of you know, I have been having a problem with the NA for almost a year. Not that I was working on it steady for the last year, but I had some bright minds trying to figure it out over that time, and we just couldn't find it. Thought I fixed the problem about 7 different times, only to find out I didn't :coy: I had checked and replaced every sensor, wire and connection on the car :p (ok, maybe not every wire, but you get my drift). I think we finally figured it out;

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only changes I made (that would add power) from the previous 204.9whp record, were the Ishtara (sp?) crankscraper and I vented the block. Gaining 8whp was a bit more than I expected, LOL (in addition, it smoothed out and extended the curve). I kinda expected to make less due to the amount of abuse I have given this engine. So I'm pretty happy with that.

The problem was (long story shorter) the resistor for the injectors had broken down. Not totally but just enough to give out more voltage. That, in turn, broke down the coils in the DSM injectors, still allowing them to function, but with a stronger resistance built up. MSnS didn't like this :nono:

Yes I sent the injectors out to be checked, but (my biggest mistake) only static checked - not dynamic. (I know long story short) I ended getting some OEM Mustang 42lb Green tops (saturated) and threw out the DSM 450's along with the resistor set-up.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it :thumb:

MB

Crap one more edit in: Paul are you going to the Shoot Out?

What made you pick a 420a for your project? Congrats by the way, my friend with a 95 n/a will be happy to hear about this haha.

Excellent Mark. I was beginning to think you were going to stick a fork in it, being the most powerful and fastest non-turbo DSM ever. I suppose there's always room for improvement, though.

To my knowledge, Paul S. is not coming, even though he should.. I'll find out for sure later, if he does not chime in on the matter himself.

Which car are you bringing to the SO? I was kind of hoping to see the other car run. :)

What made you pick a 420a for your project? .
Stubborness and naysayers......

Excellent Mark. I was beginning to think you were going to stick a fork in it, being the most powerful and fastest non-turbo DSM ever. I suppose there's always room for improvement, though.
Nope, not close yet. I still got cams and high compression to do with this platform :sneaky:

I don't give up that easy.

To my knowledge, Paul S. is not coming, even though he should.. I'll find out for sure later, if he does not chime in on the matter himself.
I thought I saw somewhere that he had an interest in going. Hmm.

Which car are you bringing to the SO? I was kind of hoping to see the other car run. :)
Still up in the air. Gotta tune the turbo tuesday, so we'll see how that goes. Would love to bring her to the SO for some 10 second runs, but we'll see.

Appreciate the kind words guys.

MB

VelocitàPaola;151941081 said:
Who me? No... I can't make it this year. Life should settle down by next year though. I need to make it to at least one. Why do you ask?

come to shootout.

VelocitàPaola;151941081 said:
Who me? No... I can't make it this year. Life should settle down by next year though. I need to make it to at least one. Why do you ask?
Yes you. Just wanted to hook up with you to give you some tunes (now that I have a little faith in them). I have so many differences in versions etc., I was just going to hand them over to you with explanations, and then let you handle them as you want.

Odd thing is, the new tune looks totally different from the previous tune (the 204.9 tune). I'm actually down to about 12.0 AFR's now.

Its what the car was asking for.

MB

Grassy arse Mikey

Congratulations Bullett on the new record. Your car last year was quite the highlight when you first started it up and pulled it off the trailer on Sat. Hopefully you will be able to wow the crowd again this year with whatever car you decide to bring. :thumb:

Congratulations Bullett on the new record. Your car last year was quite the highlight when you first started it up and pulled it off the trailer on Sat. :
Thanks Ryan.

That noisy ass thing is pretty funny when you start her up, LOL.

When I go to Dentsport's dyno, they have to close the door, put a carpet on the door and they when I make my pull, they go out with a decibal meter to monitor it. They got complaints. Oopsy.

MB

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.

Hey Mike, I finally got to dyno the turbo yesterday and thanks to your intake I ended up maxing out the 880's, LOL. Had numerous issues that will be easily fixed, but no issues what-so-ever with your intake. Great piece as usual.

MB

GOOD JOB i likey. You can see whtn the cam lobe comes on your dyno goes up nicely
what did your turbo car do Mark??
Thanks Zero. My turbo car? It went on the dyno, LOL. I'll tell you at the Shoot Out ;):D

:thumb:

12.9 or bust...

Oh yeah, no pressure there :p

And SurrealDSM appreciate the kind words, you gotta get her on track!

MB

Congrats man, always nice to see someone doing something off the wall. I believe I talked to you when you were getting the car off the trailer at Buschurs last year.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back