The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Base Line Dyno Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayRay32

15+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2003
Orange, Texas
My girlfriends car was base lined yesterday at Carboy in Houston by Inline Motorsports. I dont have the dyno sheet yet, but needless to say I was impressed. This was the set up un-tuned, afc on but everything on 0, the fmic is not on right now, either are the 550's, reguardless, the boost was set at 10psi and car was running pig rich.

SAE CORRECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the silencer tip in:
235whp & 215tq

With the silencer tip out:
250whp & 230tq

These numbers were rounded (to the nearest whole number), again this was just the baseline. The fmic will be on Monday, along with the 550's and dyno tuned with wideband. Hoping for around 315whp at 18psi, Huy at Inline told me this would be a cake walk.

Also, screw using the silencer tip, I had never taken it out since I put the 16g on, wow what a difference. Dyno sheets to come along with video.

Soooooo, you made 250 to the wheels on stock injectors? Mod list?

As Dyno'd:

evo316g ported
evo3 o2 housing ported
evo3 exhaust manifold ported
walbro 255
tanabe exhaust (with silencer out LOL)
apex dp
highflow cat
greddy piping
injen intake

definitiveno said:
Soooooo, you made 250 to the wheels on stock injectors? Mod list?
yes on stock injectors with everything zero'd on the apex afc

Cyclone_90 said:
woah OMG I can't wait to get to the DYNO with my car now :sneaky: :sneaky: :D
If the mods you have listed in your profile are right, you need to get to a dyno.

Altitude correction is for NA vechiels, it will not apply to turbo applications.

gamingguru said:
Altitude correction is for NA vechiels, it will not apply to turbo applications.

Okay then:

NOT SAE CORRECTED!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
This is something I had to call the guy that is tuning the car to ask, and yes, it is only for NA cars.

Okay guys, just picked the car up in Houston, and I must say, its quick, ran away from a gtp grand prix like it was sitting still.

The bad side, at first, when they got the car on the dyno, there was a boost creep problem. Now, after I started thinking about it, after I ordered the e316g I found out about the flapper upgrade because people were saying they had a boost creep problem. Not worried about it at the time because the car wasnt pushing near the amount of boost it needed to, to run into this problem. Once they got to tuning the car, they ran into another problem, the boost started to tapper off top end, after about 5500 rpms or so, boost would go down, and then up to 18psi, then tapper back immediately. Im wondering if I could just order the upgraded wastegate actuator. If that would fix this problem. I was told the wastegate was being blown open, and then showed by how the boost "waved" at me (just went up and down). Anyway, I was told, the car would have had no problem hitting 320whp without this problem.

As dyno'd, 288.7whp 267.8tq

If the mods you have listed in your profile are right, you need to get to a dyno.

I agree 100% that's just to may nice goodies to not have a dyno sheet for it 9even if it is street tuned already)

Okay guys, just picked the car up in Houston, and I must say, its quick, ran away from a gtp grand prix like it was sitting still.

The bad side, at first, when they got the car on the dyno, there was a boost creep problem. Now, after I started thinking about it, after I ordered the e316g I found out about the flapper upgrade because people were saying they had a boost creep problem. Not worried about it at the time because the car wasnt pushing near the amount of boost it needed to, to run into this problem. Once they got to tuning the car, they ran into another problem, the boost started to tapper off top end, after about 5500 rpms or so, boost would go down, and then up to 18psi, then tapper back immediately. Im wondering if I could just order the upgraded wastegate actuator. If that would fix this problem. I was told the wastegate was being blown open, and then showed by how the boost "waved" at me (just went up and down). Anyway, I was told, the car would have had no problem hitting 320whp without this problem.

As dyno'd, 288.7whp 267.8tq
You made some great #'s on what little setup you have at this point with un-used management ans stock injectors...get the 550's (or better yet 680's) and go back! then for fun fill the tank with e85 and make a tuning day of it on the way to the dyno :D you'll love those numbers... i know i do... im' up 99hpand 84 more lb/ft over the numbers in my avatars pump gas numbers and with just 10 more psi more compared to my pump tune #'s anf this is with about 6* more timing everywhere in the tune for making good use of the e85 ....she just hauls... Now I feel as if i have the right to run my electronic tag frame that says "2 liter vette eater" (comes on when i turn my lights on) But honestly when i'm back on pump fuel i unplug it or just hope to not be spotted by something fast :LOL I didn't have a tasch pickup for that pull ( it was a free pull) but i really wish i could have goten somethign to bring home so i could change my numbers on here :D

I agree 100% that's just to may nice goodies to not have a dyno sheet for it 9even if it is street tuned already)

You made some great #'s on what little setup you have at this point with un-used management ans stock injectors...get the 550's (or better yet 680's) and go back! then for fun fill the tank with e85 and make a tuning day of it on the way to the dyno :D you'll love those numbers... i know i do... im' up 99hpand 84 more lb/ft over the numbers in my avatars pump gas numbers and with just 10 more psi more compared to my pump tune #'s anf this is with about 6* more timing everywhere in the tune for making good use of the e85 ....she just hauls... Now I feel as if i have the right to run my electronic tag frame that says "2 liter vette eater" (comes on when i turn my lights on) But honestly when i'm back on pump fuel i unplug it or just hope to not be spotted by something fast :LOL I didn't have a tasch pickup for that pull ( it was a free pull) but i really wish i could have goten somethign to bring home so i could change my numbers on here :D

What?

You can't just fill up the tank with E85 and expect everything to be fine.

A lot more prep goes into it (upgraded fuel system).

10 psi? I thought you can't go lower then the stock 12-14 psi? That's a big difference with an without the silencer. Alexis makes one that opens up at wot.

[

The fmic will be on Monday, along with the 550's and dyno tuned with wideband. Hoping for around 315whp at 18psi, Huy at Inline told me this would be a cake walk.

.[/QUOTE]

It being a cake wake I agree but I would love to see 18psi Make over 300whp. I think you will need somewhere around 22psi to lay down around the 315 mark. Just my $.02

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back