A log of my Evolution 3 going from daily driver duty to an autocross animal
I got the car with a few things done to it, Ralliart front and rear strut tower braces, Cusco Coil overs, Whiteline rear sway bar, Kakimoto 3" cat back, HKS BOV, a Blitz SUS intake and some suspension bushings that were uninstalled.
Had to change the alternator and accessory belts while i was in there....AC belt on these cars is a PITA
Took out the Cusco shifter cable bushings and installed the Extreme PSI bearings and i noticed it is a little notchier which happens to be my personal preference
Flushed/bled the clutch with dot 4 as the current fluid was looking a little brown.
Removed the HKS mechanical oil temp and pressure gauges which were bright as all hell and I did not feel safe with them inside the cabin, plugged the ports on the oil filter housing at the same time.
Adjusted the headlights as i couldn't see past 6 feet in front the car at night lol needed some real good reaction time to dodge pot holes.
The car came with a few goodies so I did not have to start from scratch.
Cusco Zero 2 coilovers with 7kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear springs
Ralliart front and rear strut tower braces
Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar
First mods were Megan rear upper camber adjustment rods, Superflex rear lower control arm bushings and new OEM lower camber bolts.
Superflex eccentric front lower control arm front bushings. The car actually came with the front control arm rear bushings changed to poly ones. They are installed wrong in the picture, I have yet to rectify that.
Superflex rear trailing arm bushings, these were a bitch to do on the car but they made the largest improvement of all the bushings
The rear diff bushings were changed out to Ralliart solid rubber bushings. I still need to make up some “pineapple” rings for the front bushings to further limit any rotating of the diff. I also want to remove the large cast iron mustache bar at some point and just make a bracket that welds to the rear subframe.
I plan on changing the 7kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear springs on the Cusco Zero 2’s out to 10kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear springs from Swift. I also have to figure out how to add the Chrysler ball joint to a cast steel lower control arm, add the Megan rear upper toe adjustment rods and change out the tie rods to adjustable ones.
Brake and wheel upgrades
The car came with EBC Red stuffs all around and some unknown slotted rotors.
FD3S calipers, 05 Nissan Altima 294mm rotors, custom ½” aluminum brackets and Fragola lines/fittings.
The wheels would not clear the calipers so I got some custom 10mm hub and wheel centric spacers made up to use with some longer studs
Pedal feel is AMAZING. Pedal travel has decreased noticeably.
My ABS stopped working and my rear brake lines were rusted so I ditched the ABS and installed a Cusco Master cylinder brace, Evo 3 RS non-ABS proportioning valve and Lancer GLS non-ABS brake lines.
I had to weld the proportioning valve bracket to the Cusco master cylinder brace bracket to drop the proportioning valve down so the Cusco bracket would fit. Then I had to re-bend one of the feed lines to the proportioning valve to clear the other half of the Cusco brace.
As for brake pads right now it has EBC yellows up front in the FD calipers and EBC reds out back. I just bought the Yellows before I blew the car up so those will be staying but I need to upgrade all the pads to Carbotech AX6’s.
The car currently is using Enkei RPF01 in 16x7 and Toyo R1R’s in 225/50R16. Eventually I will be upgrading to 5 lug and some Rota or XXR 17x9’s so I can run some 245/40R17 Hankook R-S3’s whenever I get some ZG flares.