Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Regional DSM Events > Midwest Region DSM > Des Moines Area DSM Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Des Moines Area DSM Forum: Des Moines metro and surrounding areas

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 5
Photos: 14

Ziebart Car Show

Ziebart Car Meet
When: Saturday July 30th
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm

A couple months ago they had one & had an AMAZING turn out. Most were hondas =/ So i wanna try to get more DSM ppl there. There were close to 100 cars i believe. i didn't get the chance last time to go cause I had to work but I work down the road a few miles from there & drove past twice & wish I could of went. But now this time I'm able to go =) They already have around 70ish people saying they will go.

This is all the info I know as of now. If I know more I will post.

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Photos: 4
I think I have a paintball tournament that day.. I'll see for sure tho. I'll try to make it. That would be a blast!
View photos of this member's car 

Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: avenger 2.4 swap:boosted
Tech Posts: 713
Photos: 5
Classifieds Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to glowryder
il be there ; )

Old 07-05-2011, 04:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 28
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via MSN to R Squared
Definate maybe for me also, will put it on the calender...

Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 31
Photos: 1
I'm still looking for my car but I think I'm getting the spyder I already looked at last weekend. If I do get it you can count me in Either way I'd love to show up and meet the local dsm community.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:46 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Im not sure how many DSM's will be there cause like I said last time it was alot of honda's & Mustangs. but now there up to 104 ppl confirmed. From ### I can see as well there gunna be cooking out =) I will try & find some pics that my friend took for the last one & post a couple up...

Here are a few pics. Couple of the whole parking lot & then a couple of my fav car there...a GTR =)

Last edited by MissMitsu; 07-05-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 07-05-2011, 07:05 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

I like the 1.8t in the first pic. Hell I might bring mine lol. It has a giant intercooler and lots of gauges so it will almost fit in haha 0.-

Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Probationary Member

The cars dont have to be all fast or ne thing...a kid i know that has a supra brought his IS300 to it ### his supra isnt finished. My car isnt gunna be the nicest...I dont think.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

i wont be finished.. but ill be uniqe..

Old 07-06-2011, 08:10 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Not need to be. They just try to get a group of ppl to hang out chill, talk & have fun.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

indeed.. i dont know many ppl so ill be look to meet new ppls, esp dsm'ers!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Is this a formal meet? Do we have to sign up somewhere or follow rules or anything? Can you just show up at your leisure and hang out? I think I'll bring one of my cars either way. I just got home from the military and don't know very many people in the area at all.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Nope no need to sign up or any thing. Just swing by..park & meet some ppl. I'm not sure how many DSM ppl are gunna be there. Last time from pics I looked at didnt look like there were any =( But im going this time & u cant miss my car =) hehe But its just a fun time to hang out look at other cars & mingle.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

ITS THIS WEEKEND!!! also a show in newton all weekend at elemental designs.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:05 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

So lol. I showed up and parked right next to you missmitsu. You weren't by your car and I don't know what you look like so I made a round and then a guy wanted to talk to me about my car. I walk to other side of the little strip and then watch you get into your car and drive away I was so sad. I talked to a few Honda guys for a while and tried to get a feel for the car scene around here then took off to meet a friend at smokey D's. When I get the spyder back together we should do a legit dsm meet. Until then stay classy Missmitsu.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

X2.. i parked across the way, and checked your car out. looks nice! i didnt wanna barge i, i think u were talkin to some one. no biggie, ###### see ya at the next meet or eddyville!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Thanks guys! I left ### it was just WAY to hot for me. I dont do well in the heat. So i tryed staying in the shade. lol I heard that some guys were talkin shit about my car ### it was an auto. GRR! But ya I like to be sneeky...I was talking to a guy with a 1g TSi that was parked by some honduhs....i would of stayed next to my car more but i parked on the wrong side lol

Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Lol people always have something to talk shit about. Auto isn't bad dsm, at least they can typically handle a lot more power. I talked with those Honda guys for a little while but I got stuff to do so after you left so did I.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Probationary Member

When i first got my car I really wanted a manual. but then when i started seeing videos of autos walking on cars. I changed my mind. But yea when ppl said that i was like I sooo wanna throw the 16g on but i dont have the j-pipe or oil lines to do so.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:56 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

evo316G is sexy. My spyder has a 20g though :P Can't really brag until I fix the exhaust leak and get back on the road. I'd like to know what you decide to do.