Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Regional DSM Events > Midwest Region DSM > Des Moines Area DSM Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Des Moines Area DSM Forum: Des Moines metro and surrounding areas

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 01:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 79
Classifieds Rating: 3

2nd Annual April Spool's Day Meet; April 2nd

That time of year has come for the 2nd Annual April Spool's Day Meet. Since the Subaru guys crashed our party last year, this is a joint meet from the beginning! We will be meeting at Bennigans in Urbandale at 1pm. There will be a cruise to follow as we travel to a few local spots for photo opportunities. The optional last stop on the cruise will be the abandoned Heartland Truck warehouse in Coralville where we will crash the Iowa City Car Club meet on the same day. (I realize the 2 hour drive might not appeal to everyone)

Bring cameras, and an Appetite!

Ames guys can meet up at the west side of the Duff Wal-Mart parking lot at about 12 noon.

Make sure to tell all your DSM and Subaru friends!
I hope to see a few of you guys there!

Last edited by redleader36; 03-30-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Visit redleader36's homepage! 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Car: Mazda RX-7
Tech Posts: 7
Photos: 3
Send a message via AIM to the "laser"
were you planning on stopping in ames or just go straight to urbandale?
View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

I am going to hit up Ames first just like old times!!

Old 03-28-2011, 04:43 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 39
Photos: 4
Classifieds Rating: 1
So I will definitely be attending!

Are you guys planning to eat at Bennigans or just meet there? Also, when are you guys planning to head to IC? I'm not gonna be making that part of the trip, but figured if anyone else thought that was a bit out of the way, that we could split off and head to the BWW in DSM off of Merle Hay. Thoughts?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

The plan is to eat at Bennigans and head out for a decent cruise before the guys want to depart for IC. I will probably not among the guys going to IC, but a bunch of the Subie kids still want to go. I have to drive 2 hours just to get to Ankeny, so i am going to call it quits after the cruise.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: avenger 2.4 swap:boosted
Tech Posts: 714
Photos: 5
Classified Ads: 2
Classifieds Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to glowryder
ill be there, in my bagged venge, not the boosted one.. its currently down.. getting painted and im finishing up the 2.4 swap hehehe
Visit glowryder's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Well do you have a time frame? What time are people going to be heading off to IC? 3, 4, 5, 6? If they are gonna head out at 3 for example, I'll probably just plan on eating at BWW after that and not at bennigans, if anyone else wants to join. Just trying to see what the possibilities are.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

So i just got an update on the IC meet. It is not at B-dubs. Its actually at an abandoned Heartland Truck warehouse. They are meeting at 5 and will probably be going to the Coralville B-dubs later on in the evening.

As for us, i would suspect we would cruise for a while after Bennigans, and the guys would take off for IC/Coralville at about 4 . . i am guessing.

If you guys wanted to head to Merle Hay B-dubs after the guys leave for IC, I wouldn't mind. I just am hesitant to hit 2 restaurants in one afternoon :P I am sure Laser and CMSpaz won't be going to IC either. Maybe they would want to hit up B-dubs as well?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:42 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Lol yeah, my girl and I probably won't eat at Bennigans, I'm more of a BWW fan. You guys can always join though if you wanna hang out.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Car: Mazda RX-7
Tech Posts: 7
Photos: 3
Send a message via AIM to the "laser"
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader36 View Post
So i just got an update on the IC meet. It is not at B-dubs. Its actually at an abandoned Heartland Truck warehouse. They are meeting at 5 and will probably be going to the Coralville B-dubs later on in the evening.

As for us, i would suspect we would cruise for a while after Bennigans, and the guys would take off for IC/Coralville at about 4 . . i am guessing.

If you guys wanted to head to Merle Hay B-dubs after the guys leave for IC, I wouldn't mind. I just am hesitant to hit 2 restaurants in one afternoon :P I am sure Laser and CMSpaz won't be going to IC either. Maybe they would want to hit up B-dubs as well?
i have to go anyway since i sold my engine to a guy over there.