Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Regional DSM Events > Midwest Region DSM > Des Moines Area DSM Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Des Moines Area DSM Forum: Des Moines metro and surrounding areas

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 0

looking for a 4G63 for sale

ok i recently bought a 91 talon tsi FWD for $200 the kid said he has no idea what is wrong with it so i popped the hood and took the head off and i found 3 holes bout the size of my thumb so i thoughti might just need a head and new pistons but then i look on the back side of the block and there is is a hole about 2 to 3 inches across where the rod came through so if someone has a motor perferibly stock let me know here is my number u can text me anytime 641-484-0746 thanks

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Car: Mazda RX-7
Tech Posts: 7
Photos: 3
Send a message via AIM to the "laser"
i have basically a complete engine. block, head and pistons. crank may need turned, but its most likely crap. needs new bearings and rings through-out. head is good and ill even throw in the IM that has an EGR block-off plate. engine also has balance shaft removal kit in it. if you want pics i can post them. ill also include a full gasket kit for it. i have basically a full car minus the body/frame lol plus some performance parts. only thing i wont sell is the EM, injectors or fuel rail. im looking for a T28 turbo in good condition (or blown but rebuildable) that id trade parts for.

EDIT: wow, just relized how old this post is. if you still need parts let me know lol
View photos of this member's car 

Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 0
hey i have a question my head is cracked for my 92 eagle talon tsi awd and i need a new one, how much r you willing to sell yours for?

Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxarmbar View Post
hey i have a question my head is cracked for my 92 eagle talon tsi awd and i need a new one, how much r you willing to sell yours for?
Aluminuim doesn't crack so that can't be your problem

And I have a complete running 6-bolt for sale. Has about 80k miles on it. Has everything except the exhaust manifold. In great condition except one of the ears where the block bolts up to the transmission has cracked off. Shouldn't really affect the performance though.

I'm asking $300

Old 12-02-2010, 05:15 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,024
Classifieds Rating: 1
Reputation: Absit is extremely helpful and trustworthyAbsit is extremely helpful and trustworthyAbsit is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to Absit Send a message via MSN to Absit
See:
Complete Running 6-Bolt 4G63 $300