The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 6-bolt Oil pump bolt sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joat09

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2008
Galesburg, Illinois
I'm looking for the sizes of the bolts to an oil pump on a 6-bolt. I've seen a few expanded views of the sizes but none of them tell me what i need.

I know alot of the bolts are 8mmx1.25 with a 12mm head.

Is there any link or description anywhere of all the bolt sizes on the pump? I have non of the bolts and need the size of them all. The columbusdsm site doesnt have the bolt sizes for the oil pump alone.

Any help would be amazing. I tried to figure it out for a few hours. I don't want to have to make a trip to home depot a few times to find the right size since i live so far away. I thought about wheeling the engine in there to figure it out. Thank you!

tl;dr I need the bolt sizes to the oil pump on a 6-bolt. With bolt length and thread pitching.

Anyone have any ideas they can help me with?

All of the bolts except the one marked with a * are M8 x 1.25. The one marked with the asterisk is an M10 x 1.25.

Attachments

• 6bolt_FrontCover_boltsizes.JPG
    6bolt_FrontCover_boltsizes.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,497
All of the bolts except the one marked with a * are M8 x 1.25. The one marked with the asterisk is an M10 x 1.25.

This is the diagram I have found. Thank you. I cannot get an 8mmx1.25 bolt to fit in he L=40 bolt in the middle. I just broke down and bought a bolt kit from extremepsi. I'm not sure if i had thte wrong bolt or what, but I should have the correct size bolts now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back