The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

So I made a new tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixrman

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
Frederick, Maryland
Was sick of trying to push these PUSH-LOCK fitting on to the hose and came up with this tool to make it smooth. LOL Only took me three days to machine and weld it up, but hey it does the job. Fragola install instructions state to " stick the hose in boiling water for 10min" to help slide it on. Thats fine if your some place thats available.
They do make an install tool for straight fiitings but what about 180's and such. I did have to heat the ends up with a heat gun to help out. Just want to post this as a "don't give up theres a will, theres a way" story.

The hose clamps hod the hose in place as you crank it onto the fitting. This was for my MR2 Electric Power Steering mod.

Attachments

• line tool1.jpg
    line tool1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 311
  • line tool2.jpg
    line tool2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 90 degree fitting.jpg
    90 degree fitting.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 278
  • final line fiiting2.jpg
    final line fiiting2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 284
Having built many-a-tools for my own purposes as well, have ou noticed no matter what shiny new Snap-on double adjustable backwards grip socket wrench crow foot doo-hicky is in the tool box. IWe're always the proudest of the weird looking thing that barely fits in the box due to it's odd shape and that we hand made for one special purpose, and no one else would even know what the hell it was without being told. Probably worth 5 bucks on average and we cherrish them like gold. Great job man! I really like the double bolt clamping system that pushes the line up to the fitting!!

Now every time i do a push style one and see that little 1/8th" gap and think back to your tool and just be dis-satisfied until i've built one of my own :D

Any of the push loc hoses I have delt with I have used a heat gun. Not boiling water. Infact you can use a tad bit of water on the fitting itself to help with everything slide on, but just use the heat gun to expand the hose and make it pliable, then slip it on. Its really nothing major.

I hope that is the return side!

Why is that? Is it damage to the line or would you not trust push lock on the feed side? (not being arguementative either) But my entire feed from tank to fuel lab filter is done in -6 blue push lock (braided from filter to rail for looks)

When i built it, just to test for leaks i cranked my AFPR up to 85psi and didnt' have any leaks at all and to this day over 3 years later, some modification and an AWD swap on top of it they are still holding up awesome. For safety sake, I did loosen the brackets that hold the OEM feed, return and rear brake lines and sandwiched the blue feed between those and the body of the car and re-secured those brackets to firmly hold them in place

I wouldn't have minded doing it all in SSbraided but the price difference was large enough that it saved me some much needed moolah to do them in bluye push lock

( i still want one of them tools though LOL )

Why is that? Is it damage to the line or would you not trust push lock on the feed side? (not being arguementative either) But my entire feed from tank to fuel lab filter is done in -6 blue push lock (braided from filter to rail for looks)

Because,

gixrman said:
This was for my MR2 Electric Power Steering mod.

Nice creative way to make life easier.

Any of the push loc hoses I have delt with I have used a heat gun. Not boiling water. Infact you can use a tad bit of water on the fitting itself to help with everything slide on, but just use the heat gun to expand the hose and make it pliable, then slip it on. Its really nothing major.

Thats true with the straight fittings but the 90 and the 180 pictured are not easy to push on and when going over -6an hose it becomes a chore, the feed line was a -8. I had to push on fittings with the hose installed in the car so leverage was an issue. I hid the lines in the frame so the fittings were installed after the lines were in place. Not trying to work harder just easier.

The return line see's less than 300 psi so these Fangola lines can handle it. I used P/S specific lines and fittings for the pressure side as it sees 1500psi.

As far as making them, well it took me a week to make and re-make or R&D this tool when time is not on my side with this project. Going with braided line would have been easier I went with the Fangola lines becuase they are lighter than braided line and I THOUGHT it wouls be easier!! LOL

I've had to make several one-off pieces for this P/S coversion that was suppose to be done monthes ago. My kit sales keep me busy and working on several other products.

Last edited:
ooopps, my bad not noticing they were for power steering...derr, still a great job man!!!!!!!!

i love the one off tools!! i got a cam gear lock? i dont know what you would call it exactly but you put it in between the two cam gears and it locks them in place for when your doing the belt or anything in that area. its a really neat tool that i picked up off of another member on another forum. its built out of aluminum specifically for 4g63 cam gears. its very nice!

Last time i made a new tool all i had to show was a positivepregnancy test LOL happy new year!

LOL :thumb: Happy new year to you also! At least your still get'n some!

I've found the easiest way to judge if some one is in their 20's or 30's and older is to present them with the choice of just relaxing doing something they enjoy or getting laid.. the guy in the 20's will drop everything for some pie, the guy in his 30's and older weighs all the BS that comes with the woman scenario and chooses to go wrench or have a beer LOL

Well i'm 39 and I WANT IT ALL!! Life is short and my junk will only work for so long. I've got alot of passion for this stuff (cars) and dont want to pass up on my dreams.

nevermind, i think i lost the joking manner in which all this was meant, it was just a hormone based stereotyping of sorts LOL

And as for taking all i can get, i hear ya and i'm on the same page, i guess i just can't convey my thoughts in the jokingly way they were meant through text that well, and maybe it was only during the marriage that my outlook as well as most other people's outlooks i know changed to where they will, instead of straight jumping for the tail, first weigh out what all they will have to put up with afterwards in exchange for said action and for how long they will have to deal with it.. and i ,mean deaing with constant calls to check on you, wanting to know how soon you're coming back, hinting things to get you to ppublically say sweet shit that you may mean but are old enough to where it shuold be understood and not have to be broadcasted constantly, i don't know never mind i guess, it's just stuff i see constantly in couples that are young

And on the same hand, us "older folk" we (i currently) have "friends" that we get together, spend the night and walk away with no expectations in the morning, no having to play the "i love you game" to get some action, not having to call before bed, be in bed same time as them etc... but we are all in the 30's plus range... now girls/women in their 20's want too much public or un-needed "boost their self estem" affection, cuddling, phone time at wake up, lunch, bedtime and so on, or hearing you say sweet things out loud knowing your around people when you're busy etc., ust to see iuf you'll say it bla bla bla. (what i'm calling the "BS")

like i said, it was just a scenario in my head, and after having a friend/past employee come stay with me (with his woman with him) for 2 days, i just looked at the BS he had to deal with to keep her happy and there for didn't even get to enjoy his new years and I shook my head and thought "and that's why i stay in semi-single mode"

I don't wanna junk up your thread with this it was realy all meant for a laugh and not to be taken as absolute seriouseness, and was more like reference to say teens taking any chance to get laid where as a "man" knows he can, and sometimes prefers to just go hang with the fellas or spend some time in the garage, unhassled, not expected to be in bed by a certain time because "she" wants to be in bed at that time etc..etc..

Ahh! holy crap Glenn I know you were joking. I guess I didn't add enough LOL's Sorry it went the wrong way. I'm just under some serious pressure with this whole mid-life what the F are you doing with this hobbie/part-time business stuff. Sorry Glenn

Oh well it's all good bro, i'm going throught the same mid-life shi*t.. Being disabled and how it keeps me from making the money i want in the jobs i can now get, that's what keeps me at this hobby/business BS i constantly battle with so i guess i sorta have an excuse but for the hours worked and money made i'm always stressed the hell out with mounting card and medical bills constantly due, i barely think i enjoy anything in life for more than a few minutes these day..sucks.. keep on keepin on i guess

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back