The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

tow hook let me know what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natedsmeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Colton, New_York
hey guys i got this kinda crazy idea when i was shooting the shit with my cousin the other night. we were talking about his blown KA and it came to me i could use one of his old rods that he was going to trow away ass a tow hook. my plans are to make a bracket that i can weld to the radiator support so i can unbolt an bolt it up when ever i want. i also want to powder coat it hi close black i was thinking. take a look at some of my pics and let me know what you think.:hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's a first that I know of. People are probably going to double take at that and be like, "Wait is that a rod?" haha.

seem like a ok idea would have to see it powder coated to give a good opinon

That would be cool if your car made decent power, just reminds me of all the other Honda's driving around with a fawkin tow hook for the hell of it. Kinda lame.

You forget, it's a DSM, it NEEDS a tow hook. DSM = Down Several Months

A N/T is not a DSM, even if it is turbo'ed. They make flatbeds for towing, your not gonna tow your car with a rod sticking out of the front bumper.

so what youre saying is about half of the people on the site should leave since they aren't dsm's ? LOL

That is just awful. Looks like shit and I'm assuming you'd just be doing it for looks(Bad looks) since you want to weld it to the radiator support.

Dangle a stuffed animal from it and you'll be all set.

I like the idea of a tow hook if you need one and plan to use it, but I would much rather use an actual hook than a connecting rod. Gold star for creativity, but please don't go through with it. Actual tow hooks are thinner, lighter, and less bulky overall - and they're much easier to mount.

I haven't towed a 2g specifically but I've been towing long enough to tell you it has them, with a 2g I bet they are either under the body behind the front wheels or possibly slots under the control arms.

I believe my 1g has slots under the car about 8inches in from each side skirt behind the front tires, it's been a while since I've had to tow it. :shhh:

Edit: Also I realize this may be for aesthetics, but if I was going to tow your car.. I would never hook up to that! I would also probably not hook up to an "aftermarket" tow hook, all cars other than exotics generally have very simple places to hook to.

Last edited:
3/3 DSMs now without tow hooks.

I was gonna drag an old washing machine with the previous dsm up to the shop as it wouldn't fit on either of my cars or in either of my cars and I wasn't carrying that heavy bastid half a mile.

Had to drag it with mt SOHC Autotragic saturn that kept spinning wheels trying to drag something that weighed about as much as the average passenger.

Aftermarket tow hooks are not for towing on the road, its to pull you back to the pits and that's it.

Anyways love it, wish i would of thought of it first!

According to 3000gt/Stealth people their cars aren't DSMs because of where it was made and the lack of DSM branding. But DSM had involvement in it, obviously, because there are Dodge and Mitsubishi models. Just because a 2g doesn't have a Mitsubishi engine doesn't mean it's not a DSM. It was made in the same place as all other DSMs and holds a badge branding it just that.

^^That's almost entirely incorrect in addition to being unrelated to tow hooks...

Looks cool. :thumb: I've seen this done before, but I always love when guys use whatever they have laying around to make tow hooks. My buddy used the closed end of a huge wrench. As for people saying it's just for looks, I don't know what you want to do with the car but most road race factions(i.e. redline, nasa, etc) require you to have some kind of easily accessible tow hook, so if you break down on the course they can quickly tow you off the track. I think they actually require one on the rear too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back