Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Bolt-on Tech
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Bolt-on Tech: 4G63 intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2004, 12:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1
Classifieds Rating: 0

Big T28 Turbo

Im thinking about upgrading from my tired ol T25 to the T28 direct bolt on i was just wondering if anyone had any problems with it and if it is worth getting

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,237
Classifieds Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to Tallen
Its painless. Spools up too quickly for a FWD in my opinion (EVO 16G, 50trim).

Old 11-03-2004, 01:09 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 58
I had a fpbig28 ported. I did feel the difference in power at higher boost but ended roasting my tires in 1st and 2nd gear. I sold it a month later cause I eventually wanted to go bigger. If I were I would go with the green or some sort. but if you want a direct replacement thats also pretty cheap than go with the fp28..

Old 11-03-2004, 01:19 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by wearurpjs
I had a fpbig28 ported. I did feel the difference in power at higher boost but ended roasting my tires in 1st and 2nd gear. I sold it a month later cause I eventually wanted to go bigger. If I were I would go with the green or some sort. but if you want a direct replacement thats also pretty cheap than go with the fp28..
That's like me. I originally got an FPT28 and found that it is only a mild upgrade over the T25. Now I have an FPgreen and all is good, real good.

Moral of the story; if you just need to replace your old T25 and aren't interested in large power gains, the T28 is for you. If you crave much more power than stock, you can buy far better turbos for the same money or less such as the EVOIII 16G or AGP 50 trim, etc. Choose wisely.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:54 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,409
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 6
Send a message via AIM to herostar Send a message via MSN to herostar Send a message via Yahoo to herostar
I loved mine, couldn't have been happier. I'd still have it if I hadn't spun a rod bearing.

Old 11-03-2004, 07:02 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 04 Evo RS
Tech Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_sleeper 420
Im thinking about upgrading from my tired ol T25 to the T28 direct bolt on i was just wondering if anyone had any problems with it and if it is worth getting
What are your goals? And no, I've had no problems or complaints with mine.

Old 11-03-2004, 07:28 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 207
Photos: 4
Classifieds Rating: 1
My friend has one on his gsx and is running 22 psi and its a pretty damn quick car then again he has 610cc injectors and a 190 fuel pump and afc
View photos of this member's car 

Old 11-03-2004, 07:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 236
How much HP is the bigt28 capable of? With all the supporting mods of course. 300ish?

Old 11-03-2004, 10:21 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Non-Supporting Vendor

hirevperformance 

Tech Posts: 1,318
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 14
Reputation: 98eclipseRS is extremely helpful and trustworthy98eclipseRS is extremely helpful and trustworthy98eclipseRS is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to 98eclipseRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk mrk iv
How much HP is the bigt28 capable of? With all the supporting mods of course. 300ish?
it is stated at 350ish, the big28 from fp is basically a bolt on big16 for 2g's(I don't want to get into an argument with people about this just look at flow charts it flows like 10 less cfm). I say it depends on your mods, I had it on my car for a month, month and a half and then decided to sell it for something bigger. I say if you are looking to break out of the 13's go with something bigger.
Visit 98eclipseRS's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 11-03-2004, 11:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Send a message via AIM to herostar Send a message via MSN to herostar Send a message via Yahoo to herostar
The guys at www.farnorthracing.com made 350 awhp with a ported Forced Performance Big28.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:40 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,079
Classifieds Rating: 46
Reputation: Stapl3 is pretty helpful and trustworthyStapl3 is pretty helpful and trustworthy
So the average person will be lucky to make that at the fly.

Old 11-04-2004, 03:59 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 94
I would say with tuning and fuel mods @21 psi 350 would be about what you would get. So, its pretty much a 16g and if your looking for more go bigger than the two.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herostar
I loved mine, couldn't have been happier. I'd still have it if I hadn't spun a rod bearing.
I'm not saying it's a bad turbo but for $750 there are better turbo's available. The EVO III 16G is a far better turbo and costs almost the same with the kit.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:53 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD
I'm not saying it's a bad turbo but for $750 there are better turbo's available. The EVO III 16G is a far better turbo and costs almost the same with the kit.
I wouldnt say its far better... it doesnt flow much more than the fp28 and fp got their full weight gsx into 11's which means the turbo can handle some decent hp. I would say they are both pretty equal and are mild turbo upgrades. From what i have read most people with basic supporting mods dyno at around 310 with the fp28 and its going to be about the same for the evo 16g.

Old 11-04-2004, 07:04 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHalo
I wouldnt say its far better... it doesnt flow much more than the fp28 and fp got their full weight gsx into 11's which means the turbo can handle some decent hp. I would say they are both pretty equal and are mild turbo upgrades. From what i have read most people with basic supporting mods dyno at around 310 with the fp28 and its going to be about the same for the evo 16g.
Everyone brings up the FP gsx as it is in their ad but that car is an abnormality as getting into the 12's is even a chore with this little turbo. The EVO III 16G flows more and don't just go by the flow rates, ask people who have gone from a T28 to an EVOIII 16G and you will find that most will say its far better. I think alot of the people that think the T28 is awesome has never driven a DSM with a 50 trim and have no idea what fast is. It only took one drive for me and I was ordering an FPgreen pronto.

Like I said before, if you are only looking for a mild upgrade and don't plan on taking the car to the track very often. The T28 will do fine. It's the people that prop it up to be a big power upgrade that bothers me because it is misleading.

Old 11-04-2004, 07:11 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD
Everyone brings up the FP gsx as it is in their ad but that car is an abnormality as getting into the 12's is even a chore with this little turbo. The EVO III 16G flows more and don't just go by the flow rates, ask people who have gone from a T28 to an EVOIII 16G and you will find that most will say its far better. I think alot of the people that think the T28 is awesome has never driven a DSM with a 50 trim and have no idea what fast is. It only took one drive for me and I was ordering an FPgreen pronto.

Like I said before, if you are only looking for a mild upgrade and don't plan on taking the car to the track very often. The T28 will do fine. It's the people that prop it up to be a big power upgrade that bothers me because it is misleading.
Yea, i know but none the less 11's can be done. Yea, it mainly comes down to a budget for me and most people. Im just saying you can pick up a used fp28 for 500 or so bolt it on and get some supporting mods your at 300whp pretty easy. I was just using FP car as a example because you said the evo16 is far better. So, really it all depends what kind of money you got and what your plans our. But i agree that the t28 isnt some big bad turbo but its enough for me to beat some srt4's cause those things piss me off

Old 11-04-2004, 07:20 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 236
Does the big t28 have a 7cm exhaust housing or 6cm.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:57 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 90
I know wrong forum but....

I have my ported FP Big28 with 3k on it coming off this weekend. I just bought a scm50 along with my built engine. I will be posting it up next Wednesday or so for sell.
Just an FYI, for those interested. Pm me if interested.

Old 11-05-2004, 11:47 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 25
Send a message via AIM to silvergstguy
If you get the t28 go with the big t28 killer, its an awesome turbo, full boost by 3500, and pulls great to redline, and outflows or flows just the same as a big 16

Old 11-05-2004, 11:59 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk mrk iv
Does the big t28 have a 7cm exhaust housing or 6cm.
7cm