The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Big T28 Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toojung2die said:
It was an easy bolt-on. The only problem was with the oil supply line but I expected that. It doesn't want to come loose at the fitting that joins the turbo side line to the oil pump supply line. You'll have to be careful not to twist the lines. Use brake line wrenches so you don't round off the hexes.

I've had no problems. I expect it to last as least as long as a stock t25. It holds boost all the way to redline. The t25 starts to run out of wind at about 5K RPM. Keep in mind I still have a long way to go to begin to experience what this turbo is capable of doing. I'm only pushing 15 PSI because I have stock injectors and no fuel management (yet).
Jon
Ok lastly, best kill? need comparison to something.

Nope, can't help you there, I don't street race. The new season at Las Vegas Motor speedway starts next month and I want to try some runs during Test n Tune.
Jon

My best kill was an STi w/ intake/full exhaust/bov

I was still on my stock engine w/ stock injectors and boost at 17psi.

On the same mods I beat a gutted civic w/ a b18c5 swap that was using a 50-shot on drag radials

i have a t28 turbo not ported or clipped yet, mods in my profile went a 13.4 at 107 with 2.1 60ft and the car ran like shit i know i can run high 12s on race gas. t28 is a good turbo if you dont want to break alot of stuff, but if you want mid 12s or lower go to a 50trim or bigger. i made around 300whp and since have added a few things, i want to get it dynoes agian befor ei sell the turbo.

fastaseagle said:
i have a t28 turbo not ported or clipped yet, mods in my profile went a 13.4 at 107 with 2.1 60ft and the car ran like shit i know i can run high 12s on race gas. t28 is a good turbo if you dont want to break alot of stuff, but if you want mid 12s or lower go to a 50trim or bigger. i made around 300whp and since have added a few things, i want to get it dynoes agian befor ei sell the turbo.
What amount of boost were you running on that run? Nice time and trap. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back