The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

El-Cheapo one man brake bleeder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, finally made me a pressurized bleeder system out of some junk around the shop. The main thing you need is some form of pressure tank. I happened to have a 1gal paint tank with a large fill hole and output ports. First I started with the tank. I had an old boost gauge I used to monitor the pressure. You will not need a lot of pressure for this to work so the 30 psi gauge is ok. I have tubing attached to the pressure outlet tube that goes down to the bottom of the tank.

Attachments

• brakebleedera.JPG
    brakebleedera.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 656
Mod, I sorry but I do not know how to make this work. Can you put all the posts together?

Next I install a tank valve to allow the tank to be pressurized and not bleed off.

Attachments

• brakebleederc.JPG
    brakebleederc.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 644
Next the cap. The cap needs to be filled in to reduce the volume of the brake fluid container. If you allow the container and cap to fill up the extra brake fluid will just run out when you remove the pressure cap. I cut a stock cap and bought a 1 1/2" glue on plumbing cap. The cap is drilled and tapped to the pipe threads of the tank valve. I used JB Weld to mate the plumbing cap to the brake container cap.

Attachments

• brakebleeder.JPG
    brakebleeder.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 638
  • brakebleederb.JPG
    brakebleederb.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 615
Last is the pressure cap. I placed a 1/8 pipe into the cap, a on/off valve and barb for the tubing. Your setup maybe a little different but this are the main things needed.

Attachments

• brakebleederd.JPG
    brakebleederd.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 653
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back