The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to remove factory 1G Sunroof glass

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took these a while back and intended to resize and post them since many people don't have the owners manual.
This is the factory stock sunroof.

Ignore the droopy headliner. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pull the sunroof handle down to release the tension then push the red button forward and up and hold it. (I haven't released the latch yet in this picture)

With you other hand squeeze the two silver armed latches together (one is spring loaded) to clear the housing to get it to come out.
Since I need one hand for the camera you don't get to see that..

Latch is now free.

This is where you squeeze this part when taking it out or putting it back in the mount

Lift up the glass and it will come out.

A better view of the fitting up front where both the glass roof and the air deflector fit.
The sunroof and deflector tabs are curved to fix in and you have to rase or lower then as you put them in the fittings or then will bind.

You can just see the catch on the passenger side the holds the deflector down on the right hand lower side of the deflector. There is a matching hook on the drivers side.

The last picture shows both releases to remove it.

I should have washed the car before taking these but this was prompted by a members question.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back