Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum > Appearance/Interior/Exterior
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Appearance/Interior/Exterior: All interior and exterior tech discussions; body and paint, conversions, lighting, washing, waxing, etc. Probationary Members can post here.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 97
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 0

lanzar? pyle? boss?

im looking to replace my head unit since its broken, anyone have any experiences with lanzar, boss, or pyle or is it just better to pay the extra bucks and get something like pioneer or alpine. Im really not looking to spend a huge amount on it. Just want something decent and reliable.

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 439
Classifieds Rating: 2
Send a message via MSN to bane3d
Defiant said it earlier, just go to walmart and buy a headunit that takes either USB, SD, or IPOD hookup. Unless this is for show, which you stated you don't have a lot of money, it's better to go with something cheap with easy access to your music collection.

d

Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 97
Photos: 1
alright thanks.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,063
Photos: 8
Thats the easy way, I will still would save for something thats going to sound and perform nicely though. Just my .02

Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 959
Photos: 35
Classifieds Rating: 80
Send a message via AIM to Project2G
I'd just pick up a stock head unit I love the infinity head unit in my gst.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 439
Send a message via MSN to bane3d
Well, I'm personally looking for an in dash LCD monitor. I'll hook that up to a small in car computer with a serial port to an ODBII connector. Then I'm hoping to run DSMLink on it. That way I can:

1. Listen to my MP3's because the in car computer has a wireless nic to download/upload from my computer.
2. Hook up to my bluetooth phone
3. Run DSMLink
4. Bling value

I'm seeing the LCD's for under $300 and the computers are under $400. Why buy just a really nice head unit for $2-300 when I can buy an LCD for the same price. Then work off of my laptop until I can afford the in car pc.

d

Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,023
Photos: 13
Classified Ads: 2
Classifieds Rating: 46
Reputation: BoostedinSoFla is extremely helpful and trustworthyBoostedinSoFla is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to BoostedinSoFla
I just went with this. Safe to say that this is the best deal I've gotten for my car so far. The Sony HU has a Ipod Aux In hookup. Only downside is that there are no RCA outputs on the back, I did take care of that problem though by buying a line out converter. Worked like a charm...

And by the way it was $88 a couple weeks ago when I bought it...Price went up by $6...

Sony Complete Car Audio Package: CD Player and Speaker Pack - Wal-Mart

Old 12-13-2007, 02:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 83
I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I know it's a stupid question, but when it says max power output is 45x4, is that 45 per channel or 45 total between the 4 channels?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR
Tech Posts: 311
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 6
Send a message via AIM to just2asian
I've had Boss units, truthfully they aren't as bad as everyone says they are, my boss amp and speakers didin't break the bank and they worked for many many years. I believe my amp I ran for like 3 or 4 years, it was a 2600watt (which is probably extremely overrated on wattage), but I pushed it hard, day in and day out at sound system competition, and it never gave me any issues. Always ran strong up to the day I sold it.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:11 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 25,202
Photos: 8
This is the one I keep pimping:
Walmart
It's cheap, it seems to sound fine (especially in a damned sports car, although mine's in a J30), and with a 2GB SD card loaded with MP3s, I've hardly even edited the card in a year of use.
Visit Defiant's homepage!  View photos of this member's car