lanzar? pyle? boss?

Posted by justnobody, Dec 13, 2007
Appearance/Interior/Exterior - All interior and exterior tech discussions; body and paint, conversions, lighting, washing, waxing, etc.

1. justnobody

justnobody Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Kearny, New_Jersey
    im looking to replace my head unit since its broken, anyone have any experiences with lanzar, boss, or pyle or is it just better to pay the extra bucks and get something like pioneer or alpine. Im really not looking to spend a huge amount on it. Just want something decent and reliable.
  2. bane3d

bane3d Proven Member

St Peters, Missouri
    Defiant said it earlier, just go to walmart and buy a headunit that takes either USB, SD, or IPOD hookup. Unless this is for show, which you stated you don't have a lot of money, it's better to go with something cheap with easy access to your music collection.

d
  3. justnobody

justnobody Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Kearny, New_Jersey
    alright thanks.
  4. talonalex92

talonalex92 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Akron/330, Ohio
    Thats the easy way, I will still would save for something thats going to sound and perform nicely though. Just my .02
  5. Project2G

Project2G Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Littleton, Colorado
    I'd just pick up a stock head unit I love the infinity head unit in my gst.
  6. bane3d

bane3d Proven Member

St Peters, Missouri
    Well, I'm personally looking for an in dash LCD monitor. I'll hook that up to a small in car computer with a serial port to an ODBII connector. Then I'm hoping to run DSMLink on it. That way I can:

1. Listen to my MP3's because the in car computer has a wireless nic to download/upload from my computer.
    2. Hook up to my bluetooth phone
    3. Run DSMLink
    4. Bling value

I'm seeing the LCD's for under $300 and the computers are under $400. Why buy just a really nice head unit for $2-300 when I can buy an LCD for the same price. Then work off of my laptop until I can afford the in car pc.

d
  7. BoostedinSoFla

BoostedinSoFla Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    South Florida, Florida
    I just went with this. Safe to say that this is the best deal I've gotten for my car so far. The Sony HU has a Ipod Aux In hookup. Only downside is that there are no RCA outputs on the back, I did take care of that problem though by buying a line out converter. Worked like a charm...

And by the way it was $88 a couple weeks ago when I bought it...Price went up by $6...

Sony Complete Car Audio Package: CD Player and Speaker Pack - Wal-Mart
  8. ctcare89

ctcare89 Proven Member

Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I know it's a stupid question, but when it says max power output is 45x4, is that 45 per channel or 45 total between the 4 channels?
  9. just2asian

just2asian Proven Member

Stow, Ohio
    I've had Boss units, truthfully they aren't as bad as everyone says they are, my boss amp and speakers didin't break the bank and they worked for many many years. I believe my amp I ran for like 3 or 4 years, it was a 2600watt (which is probably extremely overrated on wattage), but I pushed it hard, day in and day out at sound system competition, and it never gave me any issues. Always ran strong up to the day I sold it.
  10. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    glorious Galt, California
    This is the one I keep pimping:
    Walmart
    It's cheap, it seems to sound fine (especially in a damned sports car, although mine's in a J30), and with a 2GB SD card loaded with MP3s, I've hardly even edited the card in a year of use.
    [​IMG]