The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Wingless, Spoilerless Removing Rear Spoiler Thread [merged]

Does it look good?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_Alpha

Probationary Member
Jul 8, 2002
Honolulu_Hawaii

All "wingless," "spoilerless," removing rear spoiler or wing threads are combined here.

Well I just got some 18" white rota sub-zeroes and took off the wing for a while. Tell me what you guys think.

Before
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After

Laters,
Alpha

Love it, i would also put the wing back on. I think it looks good on your car.

This is my favorite first-gen EVER... even better now with the white rims. But I actually liked it with the wing on there. I like the APR-GT wing myself. What about that Supra-style one?

put the stock wing on and i think itd look awesome (not that it doesnt already)!! i like the rotas a lot.... and i think it looks much cleaner without such a touring wing.

Originally posted by Airpoppoff
leave the wing off!, too bad you got like 27 holes in your trunk now OMG

Dude I should take a pic of my decklid it has like 10 holes in it.

for some reason the first pic looks a lot like a 5.0 to me...

I love the new rims with the all around clean white look. I agree on stock turbo wing looking good, throw it back on and sell yours.

Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions guys! I think I am probably gonna stick with the current wing for a while, but I took it off recently because there has been a lot of cop activity out here in Hawaii recently. Plus I already had the stock wing holes filled when the car was painted.

Laters,
Alpha

Originally posted by DSM_Alpha
Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions guys! I think I am probably gonna stick with the current wing for a while, but I took it off recently because there has been a lot of cop activity out here in Hawaii recently. Plus I already had the stock wing holes filled when the car was painted.

Laters,
Alpha

Cops bother because of the wing or because of the whole "racing" appeareance?

In Hawaii we have this crappy law called "recon" where you need to get every modification approved and listed on a sheet of paper. They then give you a sticker similar to safety check. The wing does not pass and so if I get pulled over with the wing I get a $50 ticket for violation of recon. And the sticker is revocable. If they take it away you get to start the whole process all over. Its a major pain in the ass. And to get the sticker you need to get affidavits and an alignment within the past 30 days. So it ends up costing like $100 to get a new sticker plus the $50 ticket.

:thumb: :dsm: DSM_Alpha the car looks totally sick, tight, sweet and I wish it was mine:laugh:

Love the style with the wheels and the bodykit. I would NEVER put the wing on again. It looks IMHO cleaner and more exotic without the wing. Love the car man it is just too ridiculous sweet. It has style:thumb:

Originally posted by Airpoppoff

yeah you should, so we can make fun of your more OMG

Who don't you try to make your enemy :)?

Tom

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back