The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Wingless, Spoilerless Removing Rear Spoiler Thread [merged]

Does it look good?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• dscf0016.jpg
    dscf0016.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,157
Yea I am going wingless. If I change my mind I could always add one. If I were to put a spoiler on though it would be the 97+ talon wing, the wrap around one.

Ive been thinking. Ive only seen one wingless 1G Talon. But it was a 91. And it looked really cool. I liked it. I think if I go wingless on my 92 Talon it will look pretty different and unique. What do you guys think? Alot of my friends say no. But they dont own DSM's. Ill ask for a PS for me in the PS forum.

Brown? Where did you get brown from? Its the stock silver/grey color. And its not that plain.

Peronally, i've had the wing of my 1G for the past few weeks, so the car can get painted, and I tihnk it looks stupid. Not to mention the work in filling all the holes for clipse is going to be a wh0re, theres more holdin that sucker on then you think

I think the 92-94 wing looks the best of all the other setups. I have a wingless 1gb and it looks sharp, but I think if you're just looking for a little bit of a change from what you've got, maybe get one of the other stock style wings (the opposite of the one you have)...

:confused:

Hmm. Im still looking for a stock spoiler. Maybe the eclipse 1.8 style kind from the 92-94. HEHE. I havnt seen one of those on a Talon before. Im still undecided. And the holes. Im pretty good at body work, and I wouldnt mind taking my time to make it perfect.

I never thought that the 90'-94' DSMs had wings. I thought that they were spoilers, correct? I pretty sure that there is a difference. If anything, didn't the lasers have something that vaugely resembled a wing? :dsm:

I think you're taking it a little to literally, most people use the word "wing" as a general reference to all wings and spoilers, and other people use "spoiler" in the same way. It's almost like people who say "coke" instead of pop or soda, or saying "kleenex" instead of tissue...

The laser did have a small "wing" from 92-94, but it's not as common as other 1g spoilers. It looks almost the same as early 90's cavalier / sunbird wings.

LOL. $20 camara. True Dat. Im getting a Sony digital camara for my 18th birthday next week. So be ready for some alot better pictures:thumb:

gota have sumthin back there... ( other than aluminium pick-nik table. )

Ok I really need to do some body work, my front bumper is tore up and so is my hood. Now Im getting the OEM look cf hood but for the front bumper I am thinking of putting another 95 front (smiley style). I dont think I want a 97+ because I think they only look good with a massive FMIC in the middle, and I dont have/need one. But the problem here is the wing, I hate it. I have the thumb nail style one. I was thinking for the longest time going with a 2gB talon wing (halo style). But with a stock body I dont think it would look that good, actually it would look more out of place I think. Now wingless would be cool but I havent seen any good pictures of wingless ones. I kinda sorta saw one, DSMs car I think it was. He lost the blitz front end, the white car. Hey if you see this DSM please take some side shots for me. I want to hear your guys opinions on what I should do for the wing. Wingless vs What?? And please dont try and be funny and tell me to put a shopping cart style one, Im looking for something mild that flows well with the body lines. Thanks in advance:thumb:

I like wingless too, I dont like the talon wings, at least 95-95 dont look as dumb as the 97 style..But I would take it off. I like it off on mine. At least untill I get another wing...not a stock style though

Here is a picture of danyboy's eclipse with no wing from the side/front, looks good with the 97-99 style if you do decide to end up going that way.

Attachments

• danyboy.jpg
    danyboy.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,405
That car looks nice. Im thinking wingless would be a good thing to stick with.

well if you want a new bumper something that is different and you won't have the huge front mount, why not get the 97+ talon front. No one really does that conversion but i think it looks badass aggressive looking but not over the top like a body kit would be. As for the wing i don't know what to tell you there i don't like 2g's wingless or 1g's for that matter and i always liked the 2gb talon wing but you say that's out of the picture you could always be one of the first to do the 97+ talon conversion and go wingless. Also what color is your car this may sound weird but to me the color of the car can change my opinions on wingless or not.

I think Ill look into the 97+ talon front. I havent seen one in a long time. I think Im going to try wingless for a while. Im going to stick with a talon front bumper either way because they look good and when I need a FMIC it will be a small one because Im only planning on using a FP Big28. But yea thanks for the pictures and keep them coming. If anyone has 97+ talon pics let me see them. Also I remeber seeing this awsome black talon with a CF hoof a FMIC and everything but I cant remember the user name. Ill try searching.

I’ve never really liked the look of the Spyder spoiler especially with the top down. There is another recent thread with links to a white spyder with the spoiler removed which I think looks very appealing. On the spur of the moment I unbolted mine and crudely covered the holes, just to see what it looks like. I’m not sure what to think but it looks a little strange, kind of like looking the mirror for the first time after you change hairstyles or shave off your beard.

My wife says, “Put it back. Put it back. Put it back.”

Opinions?

191164.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back