The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Introduction to the 2g Non-Turbo forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug99RS

DSM N/T Wiseman
DSM Wiseman
Nov 10, 2002
Raleigh, North_Carolina
Thanks for coming to the 2g Eclipse/Talon 2.0L non-Turbo performance Forum. I'd like to take a little time here and introduce myself as a member and Wiseman of DSMTuners.

My name is Doug and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. I've been a member of DSMTuners (Tuners) for over a year and a half now. I'm a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge (C/J/D) mechanic at a dealership here in Raleigh. I've been with various C/J/D dealerships in Virginia and North Carolina since March of 1998. I'm curently the ONLY one out of 25 techs from our two stores who actually wants to work on a DSM.

The DSM that hauls my big but around is currently a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. It's got quite a few things done to it that make it a very well rounded ride. It's not the fastest by any means but I went from Raleigh to Laramie Wyoming and back in 5 days with no problems what so ever.

I've currently got ASE certifications in Steering/Suspension, Brakes, Electrical, and Heating and Air Conditioning. My Chrysler certifications includes engine repair for all of the passenger cars (except 2nd generation stratus and sebring coupes) and I have a special interest in all of the 4 cylinders to include 2.0 SOHC and DOHC and 2.4L (chrysler). Basic and extensive electrical, driveability, vehicle communications, Steering and suspension, Noise vibration and harshness, heating and air conditioning, as well as numerous other courses that help me provide a higher level of work than what you'd find at the local shadetree mechanic's shop.

When my training and first hand experience is not sufficient enough to help aid this community then I fall back on a number of other sources. First I will search for help from other wisemen and knowledgeable members. Chances are they know the answer or can find it too. In addition to networking here, I have powertrain diagnostic manuals at home. With these I can provide step by step test procedure information for every fault code that these cars can kick out. I have the full 99 service manual set, various haynes manuals with glossaries and emissions information. I have access to Technical Service Bulletins provided by Chrysler to aid in searching for common problems with these vehicles. I have asccess to a parts catalog and numerous other information sources that can help me provide accurate and thorough tech support.

My interests in cars lies in tuning the car as a whole. Brakes and suspension upgrades, in my opinion, go hand in hand with engine modifications. I specialize in the chrysler 2.0L currently found in the 2gnt. I enjoy repairing and modifying these cars and spend alot of time helping others online achieve their goals with their 2gnt.

It is my intention to provide high quality tech support, at no charge, to the DSM Community through this website. With the help of fellow members this section will be very easy to navigate through, the information will be very benificial to all who read it and the answers will be easy to find. I'd appreciate everyone's help in keeping this area clean and proper to make getting help in this area very easy. Please brush up on the rules/values and note the changes that have been made. Also take note of the changes already taking place by actions that the moderators are taking. These guys are here to help this forum grow in the right direction and keep this site from becoming a joke or a stereotype for those other guys that we don't want to be associated with.

With everyone's help and NOT hard work we can improve an already great site.
Thanks and don't hesitate to PM me for help.
Doug

One quick addition to this Intro:

No smart ass replies telling owners of N/T DSMs to "sell it and buy a turbo DSM". Yes, we all know that it may require more time, effort, and money to make a Non-Turbo DSM reach the same potential as a Factory Turbo DSM. Most people are aware of this and have weighed that option already and chose to take on the project anyway. If you are not going to contribute to the discussion in a positive way, move on and say nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back