The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

bad o2 sensor?? but no cel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmak

15+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2003
edmonton, Alberta_Canada
So after i install a dp and take out the cat, the o2 reading on my af gauge is ####ed. Now it only reads lean all the time. sometimes it doesn't even light up. So i did some search, and find that it might be the o2 sensor. But my check engine light never come on.

So, is it my sensor not working? or something else?

When i go to the part stores in edmonton, they all come up the same bosch sensor. The problem is the wire is way too short.

should i get one from dealer?? what can i do?

I also want to know, would a leak between the o2 hosing and the dp give me a lean reading like this??

help plz

ps: don't need to tell me how useless the af gauge is, coz i am not using it for tuning, i am not that stupid. i just have it coz there are some light, and i can know if my o2 sensor is working right or not. and i know my wiring is good, coz it worked for the pass yr.

thx

I had the same problem dude. My A/F gauge read lean all the time when i bought the car and when I took the o2 sensor out it was covered in black sut. I knew that it was gone when i read it with my multimeter as well. It kept reading .25 volts even when i reved it. I went to Advance auto and bought a Bosch o2 sensor for a 95 Eagle Talon. Well the wire was too short and the plug didn't fit. So i searched the net and found a Denso sensor for $70 shipped and that solved the problem.

P.S Mine never gave a CEL either. Plus the denso handles race gas better than factory ones. Says that on the MachV website. Come back if that solves the problem

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back