The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Harbor Freight Tools to avoid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTSaTSi

Probationary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Wheeling, West_Virginia
Alright, so I've been wondering which tools from HF actually hold up and which ones don't. The majority of my tools are Snap-On/MAC/Craftsman and I'd like to start doubling up on tools I use more often. If anyone has used HF tools and had a good or bad experience then by all means feel free to reply. Thanks in advance. :hellyeah:

I've had pretty good experience with the tools I've bought at hf. Don't waste $ on the extended warranty...usually if it's from hf and it's going to break it'll do it in the 1st 90days which they already cover.

Just my experience, but I bought one of those compression kits and the gauge was way off. It actually scared me half to death. It gave me 120 psi on every cylinder. I allmost threw in the towel. After doing some research I got another tester from craftsman and my compression shot up to 160psi. That's a 40psi difference.

For any tools required to measure important aspects of a motor, I would look elsewhere for sure. I have however had a 1/2 ratchet to some time along with lots of sockets from there.

Well I mean my father was a mechanic for 25+ years so he has all the snap on and mac tools so when I got into cars I went to HF to save some money (I could always use his).

Anyways, their tools are fine and you can really tell if it is too cheaply made when you see it/hold it.

I mean sometimes the wrenches flex a little more than normal if you use the open end on something tight that you can't get the closed end on (if something in the way).

Overall I think they are fine and to answer your question just go there and check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back