The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Reputable DSM shop in MD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green98civic

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2011
Abingdon, Maryland
I was wondering if you guys know of a good place to take my car to get the timing belt, water pump, cam seals, oil seals, and valve cover gasket done? Had a shop quote me today for $1300. I think that sounds high. Am i wrong?

Or if someone is willing to work on it I will pay them. Thanks guys

That is really high. You can do all that yourself for much much cheaper, and with the help of the forums/vfaq. Do some searching, you will see how simple they are to do.

there is a place out side of b-more called pmr racing that will do it $600.they use mitsu timing belt and seals. and gmb new water pump. 443- 928 -6302 .you need to leave message for him.

Thanks Gooberlog for the offer, when you are looking for work, let me know. My car is at a well known performance shop now to get fixed. The price was $450.00, I supplied the parts. Got a call today from the mechanic, he told me that it looks like previous person maybe used the old gasket on the water pump and smothered in sealant to hide it. Also, he said the belt tensioner looked like someone took a mallet to it to beat it in place. So he replaced, that too. So in the end, 700 dollars all together for parts and labor not bad compared to $1300.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back