The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dead around here

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Squared

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2002
Urbandale, Iowa
Moved from Oregon last October and car has been in storage since. Looking to get it up and going this weekend, is there anyone still alive around here???

i live in fort dodge. but my car is stored at a buddys in the farthest most corner of iowa torn apart atm i drive a wrx daily though:) but yes they are but they are hidding in there garages very cold LOL

Welcome to Iowa! The Des Moines forum is pretty dead on this site.

Is there a local forum or group that is active?

Here is my shameless plug for my website! We have a small group around the Des Moines/Ames area called DSTA. The site is located at http://clubdsta.net. The forum is not very active this time of year, though.

Also, you can check out the more general import boards for the area. They include http://www.jdmcity.com and http://www.dragsource.net. Watch out for JDM City, though. Its a lot of honda fanboys that just sit there and make fun of anything else.

We are going to talk about a cruise/meet probably in the Ankeny area in the next month to get things rolling again.

I personally am from the Mason City area about 2 hours north of you. I am not afraid to drive my Civic to meet up. My talon is not up for long trips at this time.

Here is my shameless plug for my website! We have a small group around the Des Moines/Ames area called DSTA. The site is located at DSTA. The forum is not very active this time of year, though.

Also, you can check out the more general import boards for the area. They include JDMCITY.COM and DragSource - Iowa Street & Drag Racing. Watch out for JDM City, though. Its a lot of honda fanboys that just sit there and make fun of anything else.

We are going to talk about a cruise/meet probably in the Ankeny area in the next month to get things rolling again.

I personally am from the Mason City area about 2 hours north of you. I am not afraid to drive my Civic to meet up. My talon is not up for long trips at this time.

Hey Matt, let me know when you're coming to Ankeny. The VR4 will still be put away but I will meet up with you guys.

http://www.iowaautoforums.com/ is another local site with a fair amount of dsm owners on it.

yea hopefully it will warm up so i can get my toys out.. we should plan a meet or something?

Last year on Feb 28th we had a meet starting from Walmart, Ames cruising to Buffalo Wild Wings, Ankeny. That was a pretty good success! EclipseGS was kind of the one who organized that meet. He and myself are talking about something similar within a month or so.

I guess, lets start talking. Could Sat. March 27th work for you guys? Rather Sat. April 3rd? Also, what should we do for the event? I really liked last year's B-Dub cruise. Do you guys want to do something similar?

Looking at google maps, i could see meeting at Walmart again around noon and cruising to B-dubs (or a different restauraunt) in Ankeny. Then we could head west out of Ankeny out to Saylorville lake for some twisticle roads and some pics/tree hugging. After that we could return to Ames and hit Perfect Games for some LaZ0r TAG action!

What do you guys think?

eclipseGS isn't on the computer much anymore, but he says he likes April 3rd. We are talking about meeting at Walmart, Ames @ 2pm and B-dubs, Ankeny @ 3pm. Any Des Moines/Ankeny guys could just meet @ B-Dubs @ 3pm.

id be down! any weekend works for me, as long as its sunny and no water on the road LOL.. i baby my dsms LOL..

also, ill extend this to a few avenger/sebrings around, if any one doesnt have an objection LOL.. but i hope not ...b/c im a venge LOL..

No objections here! (If anybody gives you crap, show them the DSM stamp on your firewall VIN plate :thumb:)

LOL.. i shall.. then ill point to the turbo.. LOLz

also , redleadr, same on on clubdsta? i assume LOL

yes. i am redleader36 just about everywhere . . all corners of the internet :p

ill be there for the meet for sure!

for the more local guys dsm/wsdm/urbandale etc, we should do like a every weekend or everyother kinda thing, i like to cruise on the weekend, i think it would be nice to show some numbers.. jus an idea LOL

I'd be down for some regular meets. We need to be pushing the dsta website to the other locals too.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well the timing was off,but now I got a bigger problem I thought that the clutch master and slave went out on my car. Come to find out no only did those go out so did the clutch but I got themitsubishifreak fixing it for me. So im hoping to get out there on saturday with all you guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back