The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

XTD Stage 3 Clutch Review Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM-Talon-John

Banned Member
Sep 16, 2006
Cheney, Washington
OK i searched about it on here ad found one ok thread with only like 2 people saying they liked it. Can someone else help me out and tell me if they like theres or if you have heard stuff about them (doesnt have to be stage 3).

I already bought mine a while back and wanted to see if I should sell it or slap it on, the 350hp it holds seems like it would be more then enough for my goals with a evoIII16g.

Im using it and its fine so far,with around 4k on it.I beat on it a lot too.The 14b is pretty much maxed out,all Im missing is a fmic and Ill have all the supporting mods to run 20psi on it.Taking off is a little tougher though,since its a 6 puck,but youll get used to it.

My stage 1 XTD is holding up great also. No noise here and no complaints. Grips well I am running my 14b at 16psi. Although if I were you I would stay away from a 6 puck clutch. I personally had a 6 puck before I got the clutch I have now and it was awful. Lots of chatter.

Mine doesnt chatter at all.It grips great,but thats what makes it a little harder to take off from a stoplight.When it goes,Ill just get another sprung 6 puck.

I used one in my bolt on 240 and it was complete crap-ola. You get what you pay for.

I have the stage 2 and I love it, good quality and no slippage so far after 2k miles.

ive installed and used numerous xtd 6 puck clutches in customers hondas. i never had a bad experience with them, although i would not run one for a moderate to high horsepower application. in my opinion they are an excellent alternative to a stock replacement due to stockish pedal pressure, low amounts of chatter for a 6 puck and the appealing pricetag.

I just installed the stage 3 xtd clutch and a fidanza flywheel. I like it sofar grabs great. Havent put boost to it yet since i only have 175 miles on it. Very happy with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back