The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Ebay XTD stage 3 clutch and flywheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale187

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2008
Dover, Delaware
Well it's time for a clutch now something more meetier than the stock one. For a while i have alwys used a stock clutch. Well after my front mount and tranny install i went back to the track and was amazed the power the front mount made me and that it was just too much for stock clutches anymore.. I launched at 5250 and the clutched slipped all the way through 3rd and i ran a 13.50. So i'm thinking i should be running 13.10s and ###### making like 270 to the wheels. Crazy thing is when i get on my car from a 1st ger roll it never slips.. Only after i launch. But that sounds right like the clutch is heating up and getting soft and then slipping. But anyways i want a nice heavy duty clutch with still a decently soft peddle and i heard that they are pretty nice. I used one in my turbo civic and it held fine. Just wanted to know how they run in these cars. Let me know guys. Thanks!

I have the XTD stage 4 in my gvr4 for a little over 2000 miles with a evo. 3
and so far I love it:D

I also bought the xtd stage 3, but still haven't installed. From the info. I've gotten 4 or 6 puck clutches are hard on the tranny, but ones like the act 2600 aren't. For the price I'm going to try the xtd and hope it works good and if not then go with 2600. Don't know if that helped, but like everything else form any company some fail and some work flawlessly.

Great thread to be reading since my dsm is in pieces needing a clutch.

I am going for the XDT stage 4 unsprung. It was that or the Exedy stage 1.

Seems like 9\10 people will back up the XTD stage 4 for "the best bang for your buck", on multiple sites.

What do you guys think of the XTD flywheel? Would it be inferior to Fidenza or ACT?

So i guess i'm going with the XTD stage 4 unsprung. Has anyone heard about hte F1 racing stage 4 unsprung? Only reason i ask is because there is an ebay company that sells them and they actually have a 1 800 number that you can call and talk to a representative. I did and he had a lot of knowledge and alot to say. The only downfall is its not XTD its F1 racing which i have never heard of

So i guess i'm going with the XTD stage 4 unsprung. Has anyone heard about hte F1 racing stage 4 unsprung? Only reason i ask is because there is an ebay company that sells them and they actually have a 1 800 number that you can call and talk to a representative. I did and he had a lot of knowledge and alot to say. The only downfall is its not XTD its F1 racing which i have never heard of

my homeboy runs an F1 stage 3 I think Sprung, he likes it, and he beats the hell out of it, Im using an XTD Stage 4 and they only come Unsprung. I called AimcoClutches of the phone to order it.
-shane

I love my Act 2600/sprung street disc combo. It has almost 2 seasons on it and isnt slipping at all.

But what about the FLYWHEEL ? Has anyone tried the flywheel. I'm also looking into this clutch and would like to get everything at once including a lightened flywheel.

I love my Act 2600/sprung street disc combo. It has almost 2 seasons on it and isnt slipping at all.

My ACT 2600 street disk combo lasted about 3-400 miles on my 35psi evo3/e85 setup. I'm keeping the pressure plate and moving onto a disk i know works, the xtd stage 4 unsprung.

i just picked up the xtd stage 4 for 168 including shipping... if you make an offer of 150 or so they'll accept. Cant wait to put it in!

i have 500 miles on my xtd stage 4 unsprung 6 puck, so far so good, grab is nice, and it feels a little bit more stiff than stock.
-shane

Where the hell do you think? A dealer, jnztuning, ams, any online shop that deals with DSM that says it's an "OEM TOB".

:confused:
dude chill out, you do know some people do NOT know what OEM stands for.
-shane

LOL i know what oem is, i knew i could get it at a dealership but i wasn't sure... do you have an idea of how much it will cost?

i just picked up the xtd stage 4 for 168 including shipping... if you make an offer of 150 or so they'll accept. Cant wait to put it in!

how is it did you put the clutch in yet?

Has anyone figured out what the true PP rating is? Is it just a painted stock PP????? , Like they claim in the Supra forums.

Has anyone figured out what the true PP rating is? Is it just a painted stock PP????? , Like they claim in the Supra forums.

The stage 1,2, and 3 seem to be a stocker, but the stage 4 is a different pressure plate. I don't see the debate here. I and several other members have run big turbo's and big boost on an xtd stage 4, it is verified info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back