The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

relocating the radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm4life

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2002
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
anyone trying relocating the radio somewhere else ? I was wondering cause of yes i was going to make a custom setup for my SAFC and TT where the radio and cubby hole is.

i put it in the center vent for a friend -
i didnt care for it that much.

well i might just f it and just try and mount SAFC in the visor . Good place to hide and easy to view. I was worried cause i dont think that my cable its going to reach. It was used and wires are a tad shorter

if you have a detachable face radio make a harness so you can mount the radio in the glove box or under the seat and mount the face up on your headliner. someone on here did it before I think, I plan on doing it soon too

BlackNWhiteRS said:
Thats an awesome idea!

I agree. I mounted my (I know I have a 1g, so not sure if this matters to you) CD player in my center vent. In the lower (previous mount) area I made a fiberglass panel and mounted my turbo timer along with some random switches that are used for my radar, lights, etc. Looks really good, I will try to get some pictures soon so maybe it will help give you ideas!

You could do this... I'm almost finished with it, when it's done i'll start a thread with more pics...

Attachments

• Project.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 493
ootalipseoo said:
if you have a detachable face radio make a harness so you can mount the radio in the glove box or under the seat and mount the face up on your headliner. someone on here did it before I think, I plan on doing it soon too

can you go into detail a litte more. I have a detact face. That sounds liek an awesome idea might try tomorrow. get back to me

someone made a long long long wiring harness that went from each pin of the deck, to the corresponding pin on the back of the face. kinda like a wired remote, then mount the face whereever you want and the deck somewhere hidden. Im working on mine should have it done this by tuesday next week. then I will take pics.

-Shane

but how do you make snug so the wires dont fall out of palce and what not? Let me know how it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back