The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What are the best gauges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombout800

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2008
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
What is everyones favorite gauges(BRAND NAME), along with which ones are needed?
Boost
a/f
oil pressure
fuel pressure? Isolater?
egt
water??
what else? I know i have to be forgetting something. Just something to laugh about i saw a guy on the net one time that had 15 gauges! 15! he had a custom b-pillar triple gauge cluster made. 3 on the a-pillar, two in the speedo den one on the steering wheel column, 3 on the dash over the radio, and 3 right in front of the overhead console! I just laughed. He had everthing monitored. I thought it was a little overkill! But crazy looking!

Thats all i have now myself , wideband and boost. I like Defi' gauges myself.

Oil pressure is good to have as well

Right now I have boost, EGT, and a wideband gauge on the drivers side pillar. And then I am going to put an oil pressure and something else in the center AC vent. My brand, is Greddy and AEM. It color matches my dash almost. As for basics, boost and EGT for now. If you have the means for a wideband, do that instead of the EGT.

milk fat percentage gauge,your weight gauge and most important is calorie burning gauge ;)

ok lets talk bout what really you need:

boost
oil pressure
Wideband o2

Anyone have any good experiences with STRi gauges? I searched over this forum and there hasn't really been a direct review. I was debating to get Prosport but there has been so many mixed reviews; some people love them, some people have problems with the senders, and others get faulty gauges. You think it's worth the extra 50 bucks for an STRi (Prosport $90 - STRi $140) and relieve the headaches of possible sender failure from the prosports?

Best gauges? The ones that work! I have an autometer boost gauge (pretty dam accurate after comparing it to a defi gauge) and i also have an aem wideband.

Thanks for the link SNOWBOARDER. I did a search but the search i did didn't show up any specifics of what i was looking for. So i just made something simple and easy to search for.

I think ill stick to autometer. Very easy to install.. Very simple design while lasting long and looking good! Thanks for the replies! Im used to forums that take hours or days for responses!

Prosport ftw!

They have a good combination on quality and good prices. This threads not really about the brand though, oh well.

I think its funny that back then, it was boost, egt, and water temp/oil temp. Did they have wideband 02's back then? :D A wideband is pretty much a must for serious tuning.

James :laser::talon:

Prosport ftw!

They have a good combination on quality and good prices. This threads not really about the brand though, oh well.

I fixed it for ya. Now it really is about the brand. Thats what my intentions were, but when i looked back at it, it wasn't getting the point across. It looked like what are your favorite gauges(boost, egt) not brand name. My bad

one more on prosport, very accurate, easy to install and CHEAP, also great customer service.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back