The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Mishimoto Radiators

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanZero

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2010
Brazil, South_America
Hey guys!

One of the endtank of my stock radiator got a crack and it's leaking, and since it is quite old and I'm planning on making upgrades soon, I decided to get a new radiator.

My question is: since the X-line is thicker than the stock one, can I use it with the stock fans and shroud or would it hit the exhaust manifold heatshield or something? If it does, how much better is it than the other, more regular radiator from Mishimoto?

Thanks!

IMO, if your going to buy an upgraded radiator just buy 2 slim fans and save yourself the headache ahead of time. I bought one of my slim fans off ebay for 25 shipped and my car doesn't get over 180. I only have the dual core Mishimoto radiator and they work great. Save yourself the extra money and just get the dual core and 2 slim fans which would probably be cheaper than the x-line radiator itself.

I have the xline on my 2g paired with their shroud and 2 slim fan set up. Im running a e316g and the j pipe interfered with the a/c fan. So I trimmed the outer tabs off the fan and placed it on the radiator sandwiched between the shroud. Other than that, fits good, no fitment issue.

Edit: It holds 30% more coolant as well. Cleared up my overheating issue when I had one and the slim fans are a higher cfm then the stock fans. IMO, its a great product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the dual core Mishimoto as well with stock fans. If memory serves me correct, it is slightly larger compaired to stock. It was an easy decision for the price, you can't go wrong.

I have the xline on my 2g paired with their shroud and 2 slim fan set up. Im running a e316g and the j pipe interfered with the a/c fan. So I trimmed the outer tabs off the fan and placed it on the radiator sandwiched between the shroud. Other than that, fits good, no fitment issue.

Edit: It holds 30% more coolant as well. Cleared up my overheating issue when I had one and the slim fans are a higher cfm then the stock fans. IMO, its a great product.
Lucky you

I just got those, and I'm ready to bash my head in trying to figure out how to get the right upper mount stud on the radiator to line up with the shroud, all the other parts of the shroud line up perfectly, except for the upper right, and idk either to drill a little bit into the mounting tab of the shroud, or try to bend the mounting stud on the radiator a tiny bit to get it to line up (I'm sure the second one is obviously a bad idea, but there isn't much room to drill part of the mounting tab out to line it up)

Very old thread.
Maybe someone will see it and can give their .02. We keep our threads but you will run across old ones like this, just FYI, so check the last date to see if it is an active thread. :)

Unpopular opinion:
Your daily driver car will have more problems with engine cooling with a big ass dual core radiator than it would with a factory style replacement radiator.

Living in the south the extra thick radiator behind an ac condenser, behind the power steering cooler, behind a front mount intercooler, literally ment my AC condensor was constantly heat soaked because the radiator was too dam thick to pull air through all 3 of them. Hood was always hot enough to burn your hand. And they always had fitment issues

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back