The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Grandview High School DSM Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey everyone/anyone... Take a look at what I've got listed, please ask questions, because we still are figuring out what we've got here. Only had it a week. Once we've figured it all out, I'd love suggestions on where we are lacking. Thus far I know of no upgrades to the fuel system minus the 880cc injectors. So that seems like a weak point.

Also, we've got a 6 bolt motor on a stand and a 7 bolt in the car. We might pull them and swap. Then we'll have to determine which head/manifolds we will use.

All input is greatly appreciated!

I would also recommend looking into fuel upgrades as far as a pump maybe a after market regulator. Stock heads and intake manifolds will be good for now. The exhaust manifold will be something to look into. depends if was go t3 or dsm bolt up with a bep housing. Oil feed and return lines for that turbo.

Walbro 255 in tank pump and adjustable fuel regulator for feeding the bigger injectors. Wickedboost92, they have a Holset turbo so it probably doesn't have coolant lines only oil feed. Make sure that Holset has a good oil drain. Check any of the vendors below for good pumps and regulators :) When you get the engine out, change the fuel filter at that time since it is much easier to access then. A lot of people go with AN fittings and fuel lines from the filter to the fuel rail and from the rail to the regulator. Some also run bigger line from the tank but I don't think you will need to go that far since the stock line should provide enough fuel for your injectors.

The factory fuel feed from the filter to the rail is a restriction. remove the banjo fitting and do a straight fitting with a -6AN feed line using a 90* hose fitting.

I cant reply yet to your other post asking about a tuning book but here is my suggestion.
try the book from the guys who came up with megasquirt efi. Its a standalone efi system similar to dsmlink aem etc. But tailored to the diy crowd.
its an amazing company with amazing products. They wrote a book that covers efi systems and tuning. Its probably the closest thing to what your looking for. Here is the link

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/performance-fuel-injection-systems-hp-books/

Made a new thread elsewhere. The new bearings did not fix the sound of death. Getting ready to drop a 6 bolt in. Just trying to figure out what pistons to buy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back